Error Message on Site Running Joomla! 1.0.14

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Joomlales
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Error Message on Site Running Joomla! 1.0.14

Post by Joomlales » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:43 pm

I have a client site and have started getting the following message (effectively killing the website):

<b>Warning</b>: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php</b> on line <b>103</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/mambots/system/jombackup.systembot.php</b> on line <b>60</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php</b> on line <b>429</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php:103) in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php</b> on line <b>697</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php:103) in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/index.php</b> on line <b>251</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php:103) in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/index.php</b> on line <b>252</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php:103) in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/index.php</b> on line <b>253</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php:103) in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/index.php</b> on line <b>254</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/includes/joomla.php:103) in <b>/home2/webfuel/public_html/allurehairandspa.com/index.php</b> on line <b>255</b><br />

Hmmm. I contacted my host who told me that this is due to them doing a PHP security upgrade thereby rendering the site unusable. Seriously? I read this as a date/time issue. My research shows this may be a "whitespace" issue - maybe.... I am stuck. Or si it an issue with jombackup?

I'd appreciate some expertise from someone who understands PHP better than I.

Thanks!

Les

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”