pls help! cannot edit in front-end and back-end

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bwfamily2010
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

pls help! cannot edit in front-end and back-end

Post by bwfamily2010 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi experts,

I have a non-profit website running in joomla 1.0.11. Suddenly, I cannot edit any articles both in front-end and back-end. The detailed problem description is the following:
- after I click the 'edit' link of one article, ten or more seconds later, I got a blank page. What shows in the address bar is "http:mywebsite.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=edit&id=6&Returnid=". No return ID?

I have tried to disable all editors and use only the JCE editor as suggested by others. But unfortunately, nothing happened.
BTW, I'm a super user, so I'm supposed to have full access/rights.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: pls help! cannot edit in front-end and back-end

Post by dhuelsmann » Sat May 17, 2014 3:39 pm

As of July 22, 2009, the Joomla 1.0.x series was no longer be supported. What this means is that there is no more security or functionality patches for Joomla 1.0. The last stable version of Joomla 1.0.x series was 1.0.15. The current version for new sites is Joomla 3.3. You really need to migrate your site to one of the safer - more recent versions. Joomla 2.5 will continue be supported until December 31st of 2014. It is not an easy task to migrate a 1.0.x site but most will not waste time helping you on such an outdated site.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”