my joomla is not working stable

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ibrahimfsasmaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

my joomla is not working stable

Post by ibrahimfsasmaz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:40 pm

hello friends,

I am not sure is this correct area for this topic but..
I am using joomla 1.0.10,  do not know the exact configuration of hosting but it is resellerzoom.com (by the way very reliable company). I installed it with fantastico. I have two problems with my joomla

1- sometimes (now allways) when I try to edit contents (exp:news) my browser gives error (i.e. 7.0/ left down side little yellow icon) and I can not display the content, not save or exit (buttons not working). when I change the editor in general settings (WYSWYG to No WYSWYG) I can edit the content, How can I solve it?

2- this is a new problem, there was no problem in first 2 weeks of installation. when a registered user enter the site (user area) I can see him/her to my admin pages logged tab. but when user log out his/her name is still there (not disappears). I changed the user log time in general settings because it was not enough for writing content , made it 1800 seconds. maybe it is the problem but I do not think so,
Do you have any idea

thanks
Last edited by ibrahimfsasmaz on Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mporcheron
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: my joomla is not working stable

Post by mporcheron » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:45 pm

Hi,

Your first issue sounds similar to an on-going bug with the editor.  Take a look at http://mpwebwizard.com/php-development/ ... rrors.html for a work around if you run Apache web server (with .htaccess and mod_rewrite enabled).

Your second issue, are the users logging out or just closing the window?  If they click the logout button then they should disapear however if they just close the window they may be still on the list for a while.

Martin
Martin Porcheron - mpwebwizard.com

ibrahimfsasmaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ibrahimfsasmaz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:48 pm

thank you very much for your interest and fast reply
and this is the problem I checked it, it is the same when they logout and when they close the window

mporcheron
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mporcheron » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:53 pm

I have just checked on opensourcecms' demo and the same seems to happen there; it's could be a bug although I'm busy and don't have time to check the source.  I wouldn't say it's a problem though.  The user must re-enter the details to log back in.
Martin Porcheron - mpwebwizard.com

ibrahimfsasmaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ibrahimfsasmaz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:55 pm

thank you very much for your interest

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”