Date problem

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Flopka
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Date problem

Post by Flopka » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:12 pm

I'm a very new Mambo admin who will soon be switching to Joomla.  I think Joomla is similar enough to Mambo for my question however, so I'm pre-asking it... It's probably very basic...

Why am I getting a percentage symbol in my "Last updated" field?  Example below:

Last updated %s Saturday, 08 October 2005

Also, is there any way to change the wording of that line?  (and also the "Written by" field? - what if I don't want "written by")  Is there code in one of the PHP files that I can change, or is there a way to do it through the control panel?

As you can probably tell, I am not a coder by trade.  :-)  But hum a few bars and I'll fake it.

Das Gurke
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Date problem

Post by Das Gurke » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:09 pm

I think you can get rid of the "written by" in your language.php

MamboAdmin -> Site -> Language -> Edit your language file

In there search for the line:

Code: Select all

DEFINE('_WRITTEN_BY', ' Written by');
and replace it with

Code: Select all

DEFINE('_WRITTEN_BY', '');
As you probably can see you can change almost every *ambo/Joomla message with that file.

Not sure about your %s ... As far as I know the date has nothing to do with the language file ..
Last edited by Das Gurke on Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”