Menu problem....advice?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Robitaille20
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Menu problem....advice?

Post by Robitaille20 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Ok...first off I tried doing searches for this issue but couldn't find any answers (I may not be using the right words for the search) so if this has been covered before then I apologize in advance and ask that you point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Ok so here it is - I'm working on designing a site for my company. I have a menu system for our product that is structured like:
Product Name1
Product Component1
Product Component2
Product Component3
etc.......
Product Name 2
Product Component1
Product Component2
Product Component3
etc......
Product Name 3
Product Component1
Product Component2
Product Component3
etc......

(May be a lame way to explain it but I can't think of a better way)
Now here is where my problem arises - Some of our product components are compatible with different products. I'm doing this all with Static Content btw. So lets say I've created the page for Component2 under Product Name2. Now I need Component1 under Name 3 to point to the same info, I have a problem. I've created the appropriate link and it shows up, however if I click on that link I get the information *BUT* the menu jumps to the Product Name 2 section and doesn't stay in the Product Name 3 section. Does that make sense? It's had to explain like this! :-) Any suggestions or work-arounds for this? If more clarification of the situation is needed please let me know.

TIA!
Jeff

*UPDATE* The formatting of the post changes from the way I posted it :-( The component links are subs of the product links...I had them indented but the forum seems to strip that whitespace out.

Robitaille20
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Menu problem....advice?

Post by Robitaille20 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:15 am

Anyone? I really need help with this! It's the only thing (at this point) that is preventing the site from going live! Please help!

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”