Embedding You Tube Video into Webpages

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Radix__
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Embedding You Tube Video into Webpages

Post by Radix__ » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:09 am

YourTeacherLE wrote:Enter the url of the video on [youtube]. And click on "Enter". It's that easy.
Nope, doesn't work. Read my post
Radix__ wrote: * In the Embed Media-preview box, I get the [youtube] video as should be
* When I click Insert ("Enter"?) it messes the thing up, and I get a yellowish square!

tao21
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tao21 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:33 am

YourTeacherLE wrote:If you're running Joomla 1.5, you don't need any extra modules to add a video from [youtube]. Don't try to use [youtube]'s "Embed" code though.

I use TinyMCE editor on my Joomla site.

Simply click on "Embed Media".

(If you can't see the embed media icon you need to put TinyMCE on "Extended" mode using the "Plug-In" manager.)

Choose "Flash".

Enter the url of the video on [youtube]. And click on "Enter".

It's that easy.
I have followed your instructions here and I can see the movie inside edit/insert embedded media window and it plays, but when I apply and look at the front end of the site there is a space for the movie but the movie desn't show up.

YourTeacherLE
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by YourTeacherLE » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:28 pm

tao21 wrote: I have followed your instructions here and I can see the movie inside edit/insert embedded media window and it plays, but when I apply and look at the front end of the site there is a space for the movie but the movie desn't show up.
Hi Tao,

It definitely works on my installation, so I'm not sure why it would show in "preview" but not in your actual page. Do you have anything installed on your site that might clash?

It could be worth posting this as a new issue.
If I can do it, anyone can.

orly1777
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by orly1777 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:40 am

Hello. I tried all the steps given below, and the videos are not showing. Do I have to install a module for the Flash player? Thanks.

quote="YourTeacherLE"]If you're running Joomla 1.5, you don't need any extra modules to add a video from [youtube]. Don't try to use [youtube]'s "Embed" code though.

(If you can't see the embed media icon you need to put TinyMCE on "Extended" mode using the "Plug-In" manager.)

Choose "Flash".

It's that easy.[/quote]

OBG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by OBG » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:41 pm

I am having the smae problem. In page admin I see the box with "F". When I go to page on front end it is a blank space.If I right click on the blank space I see: - http://www.yakfishcanada.com/plugins/ed ... /trans.gif

orly1777
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by orly1777 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks. I decided to use No Editor, and it is working fine. I just have to insert the embed code of [youtube]. Thanks.

Radix__
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Radix__ » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:47 am

yakfishcanada wrote:I am having the smae problem. In page admin I see the box with "F". When I go to page on front end it is a blank space.If I right click on the blank space I see: - http://www.yakfishcanada.com/plugins/ed ... /trans.gif
This is exactly my problem too. Al the others here say it's easy etc. etc. but for me it isn't easy. I just get the yellowish box with the "F" as you mention... :eek:

TheKinkin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by TheKinkin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:05 pm

I have exactly the same problem..

TheKinkin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by TheKinkin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Finally here is the solution i use :
http://www.sarki.ch/jce15/index.php/tel ... -1.5-fr-en

Install this editor and use it instead the original Joomla editor.
After that for include a [youtube] video (for example): just edit the html code of your article by this editor and copy paste the html code given by [youtube].
It works for me.

carrie9055
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by carrie9055 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Bless you - this process worked like a charm. (switch Tiny MCE to "Extended" in "Plug-In Manager; then in Tiny MCE click "Insert Media" and plug in the URL to the You-Tube video, not the embed code.) A couple of additional observations may be helpful:

1) It took me a while to find "Tiny MCE" in the Plug-In Manager - finally found it there, listed as "Editor-Tiny MCE".
2) Also, took a while to find the "extended mode" referred to. Finally found it at the top of "Plugin Parameters/Functionality" (the default is "Advanced"; just toggle it to "Extended.")
3) Several experiments seemed to indicate that the "Insert Media" process ONLY WORKS FROM THE BACKEND. From the front end, the "insert media" tab appears, but the video isn't saved. I found this out when I successfully installed my video to an article on the backend, as described. Then I tried to edit some text in the article on the front end, saving the edit - and the You-Tube image disappeared! Once I installed the video again from the backend, it reappeared. This seemed consistent after several tries.
4) "Extended" about triples the functionality of Tiny MCE! I was going to download JCE for expanded editing functions - maybe now I won't have to. So, thanks for the tip - both for the You Tube question, and for the "expanded" editor functionality. Had no clue -this is SO much better! :laugh:

terion13
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by terion13 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:43 am

Ok I'm running joomla 1.5.15 and have tried both the allvideo plugin and the [youtube] plugin and with both of them I just get {[youtube]}xxxx{/[youtube]} to show up ..no video....(and I turned my editor off etc)
What should I try now I really want to get this figured out ... :'(

Thanks in advance for anyone that has an idea of what it could be.
T.

terion13
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by terion13 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:17 pm

I worked out my issue using Sourcerer and realizing that Preview mode does not show anything so I had to create the article in a sandbox live on the site hoping no one would see it before it was complete and then move it to where I wanted it to be...

fmwentworth
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fmwentworth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:38 pm

When you say embed it using the normal tab not the HTML: which one is that? I am a novice so not sure which one works best. If I can do this without downloading yet another extension it would be prefarable. I have the JCE editor plug in installed. I guess I need step by step instructions. Not sure how or where to embed the code. Thanks

Radix__
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Radix__ » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:53 am

I got my problem fixed.

Contrary to what someone stated previously, the solution for me was to change:
Code Cleanup from Never to... Always!

It still shows a yellowish "F" box in the article, but on the front end, the video is shown.

BB69
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by BB69 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:26 am

Using the {[youtube]}xxxxxxxxx{/[youtube]} code I have successfully embedded a video I can see. However, nobody but me can see it. If I logout I can't see it either. I am a Super Admin and everyone else is simply a registered user. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken

EDIT: I think I got it figured out. I changed my editor to No WYSIWYG and it seems to work.

Minalora
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Minalora » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:23 pm

@Bikerdave
Bikerdave wrote:
twoseastv wrote:
pmcnamara wrote:I do not understand why a plug in is needed for this.

Its very straight forward HTML code..  if a person uses the embed code, it should work..
I agree...why use a plugin? However, I have tried inserting an embed video using the 'insert / edit embedded media' button and it doesn't seem to work. There must be a way...firstly, is a [youtube] video Flash, Quicktime or what? Is there somewhere in the forum that explains the use of this tool?
Hi ya

I also wanted to embed a [youtube] vid and it worked first time.

I am using Joomla v1.5.7 and the standard editor.
  • Create a new Article
    Type whatever text you need etc.
    When your ready to insert the vid click on the "Insert/Edit Embedded Media" symbol next to the Smilie on the Menu
    In the box that opens select Flash if your using Flash
    Under that enter the you tube url link (in my case http://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=Al5U1WJ48rM)
    Then click on Insert and your done.
Good luck!

Thank you!!!

That worked like a charm.

barnett
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by barnett » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Found this fix for embedding [youtube] videos:

Joomla 1.5.15
TinyMCE Settings:
Functionality = extended
Code Cleanup on Startup = Off
Code cleanup on save = Never
Entity Encoding = raw
Media = hide (advanced parameters tab)

No more yellow box and full [youtube] embed code is preserved! Although you loose the Media button but I never use that anyway.
http://www.contemplatedesign.com/ - Joomla Development & Design

jeremyalyea
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jeremyalyea » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 am

YourTeacherLE wrote:If you're running Joomla 1.5, you don't need any extra modules to add a video from [youtube]. Don't try to use [youtube]'s "Embed" code though.

Choose "Flash".

It's that easy.
Thank you!
http://www.infosled.com - Articles, News, and Reviews

Get over 22,000 adsense-ready articles for your joomla site.  PM me for details.

chui-joomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chui-joomla » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:20 am

Hello,I have Joomla 1.5.15 and I have done everything listed on these pages.I added the URL of the video through the editor and set the dimensions that the video is supposed to display in. Could you look at may page source and tell me if there is a problem?

</span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;" class="MsoNormal"><embed height="210" width="210" menu="true" loop="true" play="true" src="http://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=MLHns0z2fNI" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />&nbsp;</p>
<p style="text-align: left;" class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US"

There is a space between 2 paragraphs where this is installed and there is no video player.You can see the page here:
http://www.article-writing-pros.com/ind ... ing-at-395
www.Article-Writing-Pros.com
...when quality content counts.

jeremyalyea
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jeremyalyea » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:00 pm

chui-joomla wrote:Hello,I have Joomla 1.5.15 and I have done everything listed on these pages.I added the URL of the video through the editor and set the dimensions that the video is supposed to display in. Could you look at may page source and tell me if there is a problem?

</span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;" class="MsoNormal"><embed height="210" width="210" menu="true" loop="true" play="true" src="http://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=MLHns0z2fNI" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />&nbsp;</p>
<p style="text-align: left;" class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US"

There is a space between 2 paragraphs where this is installed and there is no video player.You can see the page here:
http://www.article-writing-pros.com/ind ... ing-at-395
I am also running same version and it worked fine. Did you follows these instructions?

If you're running Joomla 1.5, you don't need any extra modules to add a video from [youtube]. Don't try to use [youtube]'s "Embed" code though.

Choose "Flash".

It's that easy.
http://www.infosled.com - Articles, News, and Reviews

Get over 22,000 adsense-ready articles for your joomla site.  PM me for details.

jcorvette
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jcorvette » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:41 pm

you need to set the "blacklist" on your back end to allow words like "embed: not to be stripped out of your code in jce editor or whatever wysiwyg you use. You can change the blacklist for certain users. that way you don't need a plugin to in show [youtube] stuff.

Check out this vid... http://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=gkcvouSR-cA

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.[youtube].com/v/gkcvouSR-cA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.[youtube].com/v/gkcvouSR-cA&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

N1K
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by N1K » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 pm

I've just googled to this topic as I had the same problem with the latest version of Joomla.
I wanted to share what worked for me:

Create an article in Tiny MCE editor (if that is your preferred editor)
Change the Editor to No-Editor in Global Configuration
Paste the EMBEDED code from [youtube].
Save, your video should work now.

babydoll926
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by babydoll926 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 am

Installing Allvideos was the perfect solution for me... worked like a charm!
Please read forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=65

spresserjcs
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by spresserjcs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks for that. Changing my tinyMCE setting from "advanced" to "extended" did the trick, and solved a few of my other problems as well!

dhruv2k84
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dhruv2k84 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:52 am

hello guys,
can some one help me please.
i am trying to upload flash videos to a joomla 1.0 site and it wont let me.

dhruv2k84
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dhruv2k84 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:53 am

hello guys,
can some one help me please.
i am trying to upload flash videos to a joomla 1.0 site and it wont let me.

dhruv2k84
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

uploading and playing non [youtube] video to joomla 1.0

Post by dhruv2k84 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:55 am

hello every one,
can some one please help me? i wanna upload non [youtube] flash videos to my joomla 1.0 website

ranwaldo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ranwaldo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 pm

The instructions in this thread (TinyMCE, Extended, etc.) work perfectly. But apparently only for users in group "Super Administrator". If an "Administrator" edits the article, all of the [youtube] media objects disappear!

Is there a setting somewhere to correct this or is it a bug?

roeeonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by roeeonline » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Just copied the embed code from [youtube] and pasted it in the Article.
It took a minute before it showed me the video rather than the actual code.

Be Patient :D

Using Joomla 1.5.7

kieranross05
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kieranross05 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Please help me. I've been searching the web for weeks and I can't get a solution. My problem is html and I need a code to hide the time line and play button on the [youtube] videos.
I have no issues posting the [youtube] video on my site but I want the timeline and play button to be hidden or gone. I have it on autoplay at the moment.

I know there is a html code as I used it once but never saved it. Now I really want it and can't find it.

Can anyone advise?? Please help! Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”