Embedding You Tube Video into Webpages

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
webling
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Embedding You Tube Video into Webpages

Post by webling » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:32 pm

pmcnamara wrote:I do not understand why a plug in is needed for this.

Its very straight forward HTML code..  if a person uses the embed code, it should work..
I agree, I'm able to embed video from godvine.com but not from [youtube].com. When I put the code in from [youtube] into joomla, it reformats it just as it does the code from godvine.com. The difference is the code from [youtube] doesn't work and the code from godvine.com does. So is this a joomla issue or is [youtube] code wrong? I can take the same [youtube] code, embed it in a webpage and it works fine.

It seems to be a TinyMCE editor issue, I turned off the editor and pasted the code, saved it and it works fine. I can embed all the videos from [youtube] I want now.

You can toggle the editor which will turn it off so you can add videos. Under Content click on Article Manager, then click on New. When the page opens scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Toggle Editor. You can switch back and forth this way from no editor to editor. However, when I tried this method I recieved an error message that I need to add some text.

I've personally had to use the following method.
You can turn off the editor for yourself alltogether also if you choose without affecting everyone else on your site. This will remove the Toggle Editor button and you will have no editor at all. Simply go into the user manager and click on your name. Under Parameters look for "User Editor" and select "Editor - No Editor." Then at the top click on save. You can change this back any time you need the editor.

spearss91
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by spearss91 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:35 am

Thanks for giving me the coding to post [youtube] videos on the webpages... :D

trabakula
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by trabakula » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:55 am

How to change (disable) Allvideos player border??? Please help!

webling
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by webling » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 pm

trabakula wrote:How to change (disable) Allvideos player border??? Please help!
Look at this post

trabakula
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by trabakula » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Thnx, yes i am and it is for joomla 1.5 not for 1.7 or 2.5 :(

aklisiewicz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by aklisiewicz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 pm

I have the same problem. I installed Allvideos plugin but it did not help.
Running Jooml 1.7.5

Arthur

PS>I remember I had no problem with J 1.5

Kotsolis
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Kotsolis » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 am

Since there is already a discussion for this, I will post my problem here as well.

I went to Extension Manager and sadly disabled some extensions to reduce heavy MySQL load in my site which was causing it to crash. Some of them where k2 extensions (I use JReviews) and some others videos extensions.

Even though AllVideos was installed and already disabled, I disabled some other video player extensions and it seems that one of them was vital!

Now, all of my articles have codes like this because AllVideos doesn't work:
{[youtube]}zcy1DR6gr-U|500|300{/[youtube]}
{[youtube]}zcy1DR6gr-U{/[youtube]}

I've re-installed the latest version, but still I see the same code in all videos. My site has caching enabled, so I deleted all cookies etc. in my browser, tried again, but I see no changes. [youtube] videos can be embed only by giving full link in JReview editor. But those links above don't work and I have 18.000 articles so you can understand what mess has this caused!

I have no idea how to customize all videos so that codes like this will work for future and part articles.
{[youtube]}zcy1DR6gr-U|500|300{/[youtube]}
{[youtube]}zcy1DR6gr-U{/[youtube]}

Can someone help me please asap?

Thank you.

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”