Main Page not working?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Teri
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Main Page not working?

Post by Teri » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:47 am

Hey everyone! Im a newbie as you can tell and Im not sure if this is posted in the right place.. but I was just wondering if someone could help me with something.

I just installed by Joomla about half an hour ago and I accidentally deleted all the items on the 'main menu' section. As a result, the main page of the site shows something like 'The page you are trying to access does not exist. Please select a page from the main menu.'.

The URL of my website is at http://index.spicy-media.com/

It would mean a lot to me if any of you could help! Thanks!

-Teri

toubkal
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Main Page not working?

Post by toubkal » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:00 am

Just visited your site.

It loooks like you have made a new frontpage

This is ok, but you will find a small issue due to the fact that some features like the pathway expect to find the homepage as the item in the main menu with an id of 1

if you look at your pathway it shows

home>home

due to this (it does not realise that it IS the home page)

I just thought - did you look in the trash manager for your deleted menu items or did you remove them from the trash too?

if you cannot restore them, you can go into the database and directly edit the id for the home page menu item and set it to 1
Do you want the answer to be as vague as your question?

toubkal
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Main Page not working?

Post by toubkal » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:04 am

by the way, you will want to look at your site in Firefox, as it has some layout issues that you are probably not seeing in IE
Do you want the answer to be as vague as your question?

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”