The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:07 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Greetings, I'm running Mambo 4.5.2.3, I tried to change the footer, and I received errors...Then willing to change it back to what is was, the errors remained, here they are:

Errors :

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 194

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 195

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 196

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/index.php on line 198

Errors in Admin area:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/imaginae/public_html/includes/version.php:42) in /home/imaginae/public_html/administrator/index2.php on line 34

Now, I already looked at configuration.php , and there seem to be no remaining lines, can someone help me?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:14 pm 
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Yes,

Check you includes/version.php file to see if it has any additional lines or spaces before the beginning php command or after the ending php command.

GRAM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:23 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Thanks a lot! I had read the FAQ, but couldn't really understand.

Now I still have to understand why it doesn't change the footer when i change it in footer.php and version.php ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:25 pm 
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

A good number of folks edit the footer from the template instead.  Just remove the code that includes it, then insert what you want your footer to be.

GRAM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:28 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Thanks, but I just found a way by editing the two lines of code of footer after the ?> sign.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:32 pm 
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Just remember to make a backup of that file.  It could potentially get overwritten if you ever need to patch/update/upgrade your CMS.

GRAM