Can someone help me get my joomla install running on a vps?

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
nonlinearmind
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can someone help me get my joomla install running on a vps?

Post by nonlinearmind » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:52 pm

I'm a fairly experienced joomla user (10+ sites to date) but am stumped with this one. I have joomla up and running on a network solutions vps, but am not able to set my session path to writeable, registers, or magic quotes. Nor am I able to get any components to install. I need the vps because a component I'm using requires ioncube. I'm a designer, not a server guy. Can anyone help? Send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks.

redx
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Can someone help me get my joomla install running on a vps?

Post by redx » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:18 am

Hi,

Is your operating system windoz or Linux?

regards

Redx
What you see is not always real.

TheLegendaryOne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Can someone help me get my joomla install running on a v

Post by TheLegendaryOne » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm having the same issue on a Network Solutions VPS. It appears the "session.save_path" is not creating a session, thus not allowing a login. The host did a migration from the shared hosting package, and restored the dbase. But I can't login to the back-end. I saw a post to a forum indicating this was due to lack of permissions to specified "session.save_path."

I changed to value in php.ini to a path within the open_basedir (ie -> /var/www/myhost/mydomain/tmp) -- which allowed the login, but caused other problems (Fatal Memory Errors). So its either no Back-end (or front-end login) or Fatal Memory Errors. I tried a clean Joomla install, restore from backup, and the host migration ... all the same.

All other parameters in php.ini check out according to install guide. I have the site running on my local machine, previously on ns Shared, and currently on goDaddy shared ... All good installs with no problem.

Can anyone help?

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”