Changing a template manually

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dallasclark
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Changing a template manually

Post by dallasclark » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 am

I'm getting the following error when I try and access the Template Manager as discussed http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=314181.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTagName() on a non-object in /mnt/filestore/vhost/heavensgame/Dev/administrator/components/com_templates/admin.templates.php on line 155

If no one can solve that issue, where I can configure Joomla to use a different template in a config file or the database? I've been able to successfully upload the template, just can't change Joomla to use the template through the admin site.

dallasclark
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Changing a template manually

Post by dallasclark » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:52 am

I looked into how to do it, and found out myself. So I thought I would close this thread and give my answer for others :-[ .

In the Joomla MySQL database, look for a folder called something like jos_templates_menu (where jos could be slightly different).

Look for a row that specifies menuid and client_id as 0, it should contain the name of your current template being used. Change the field "template" on this row, and done!

claper57
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by claper57 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:58 am

dallasclark wrote:I looked into how to do it, and found out myself. So I thought I would close this thread and give my answer for others :-[ .

In the Joomla MySQL database, look for a folder called something like jos_templates_menu (where jos could be slightly different).

Look for a row that specifies menuid and client_id as 0, it should contain the name of your current template being used. Change the field "template" on this row, and done!

Installed admin template jw_mintedonepointfive_1.0.zip - crashed. Your tip saved my day. Thanks mate :-)

prnv
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by prnv » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks for the information

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”