Transferring joomla to a new server

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pcwiz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Transferring joomla to a new server

Post by pcwiz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:30 pm

Hey guys,

I am having some extremely serious issues with transferring my Joomla install. Please help me because I have put years and years of work into this site and to see it in this state is horrifying. So I needed to move web hosts. Domain got transferred and everything. So I FTPed into my old host and moved all the Joomla files to the new host. Then I modified configuration.php to match the new MySQL details and absolute path, etc. Then I went into my old phpmyadmin and then exported the entire database into an SQL text file and then went into my new phpmyadmin and imported it. Went to the site and this is what it looks like:

http://pcwizcomputer.com

What's wrong with it? None of the images are showing up and there is this weird "_WE_HAVE_GUESTS_COUNT_ONLINE" is showing up. Any help is appreciated. If you want more details and things please ask!

EDIT: I might be trying some stuff with the site today so a screenshot of the site is attached

EDIT2: If you can personally come and assist me with this I'd be prepared to pay $40-$50 for this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

user deleted

Re: Transferring joomla to a new server

Post by user deleted » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi,

Are you 100% sure you changed all paths and urls in the config file?

Check http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_and_Mi ... 21_Site.3F

pcwiz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Transferring joomla to a new server

Post by pcwiz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Im sure I did it right, but PM me if you want and I'll send you the config file and all the stuff you need

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”