installing and maintaining a pre-built site

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
soupdawg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

installing and maintaining a pre-built site

Post by soupdawg » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:09 am

A friend has a site built with Joomla 1.0 that was started but never finished or published to the web. How can I get it to my machine so I can try to finish it. I installed 1.0, and I downloaded all of the files from the server that the website was started on into the wamp directory but I think I did it wrong, because when I go to the localhost page, I get this error.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\includes\joomla.php on line 836

Warning: require_once(/home/crnrdrgs/public_html/includes/version.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\includes\joomla.php on line 71

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/crnrdrgs/public_html/includes/version.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\includes\joomla.php on line 71

I went through the 1.5 exercise files, and everything seemed doable, but I missed something somewhere obviously. Thanks for your help!

Carl

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: installing and maintaining a pre-built site

Post by imanickam » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:30 am

A little bit of clarification is needed. At the start you mentioned that the system was built using Joomla! Version 1.0.x where as you are looking into the documentation of Joomla! Version 1.5.x.

Please refer to the following link for the requirements of Joomla! v1.0.x

http://help.joomla.org/content/view/34/169/

As a first step let us make sure the environment is compatible per the documentation.

Also, on the same page on the left side you will see various documents for v1.0.x
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

agungportal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: installing and maintaining a pre-built site

Post by agungportal » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:33 pm

You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login.

How to Register in Joomla Documentation's Page? (http://help.joomla.org/)

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”