How to apply for a function in the Development Workgroup?

Forum closed. Use Development mailing lists instead.
willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

How to apply for a function in the Development Workgroup?

Post by willebil » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:31 pm

You have found this forum area, so you must be interested in a job in the development workgroup  ;)

The development workgroup aims at the development of a cutting edge, state of the art Web Content Management application framework. This workgroup is the driving force behind new versions, and building it. Along with the other working groups we try to realize this ambition.

We always seek for new talent. We are very sharp on who we want because the results of this workgroup determines what the quality of Joomla! is. Most of the times we get in touch with you when we see some interesting work around, but if you think you are the talent we seek you also can contact us by posting an application into this forum area. If you want to grab our attention, start commiting patched (see forge tracker) so we actually can see what you do, and how you do. Before you do please bear the following in mind:

* You need to be available at least 8 hours per week.
    * Education (or still being a student) in informatics with knowledge of modern development methods and techniques.
    * (Outstanding) knowledge of programming techniques like patterns and object orientation.
    * Experience with PHP, (My)SQL and webservices.

When you apply, please gives us as much as possible information so we can see what your skills in basic are. If you don't want to put all your personal information in here, you also can send a personal message to the workgroup leader (Wilco Jansen alias Willebil).
Last edited by willebil on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

mberkhof
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: How to apply for a function in the Development Workgroup?

Post by mberkhof » Thu May 17, 2007 12:16 pm

Dag Wilco,

Ik wist wel dat je je bezig hield met Joomla, maar je bent er dus echt heel druk mee. Bevalt het je een btje buiten Menzis?

Misschien was je al blij een nieuwe developer te mogen begroeten, maar ik denk dat ik dat beter aan anderen kan over laten.

Ik heb wel een vraagje. Ik heb al een site draaien met Joomla 1.0.11.
Nu wil ik een nieuwe site opzetten en denk erover maar meteen met de BetaVersie te starten. Slim of niet slim?

Groet + vast bedankt,
Marianne Berkhof
ApplicatieOntwikkelaar
Menzis - Enschede

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Thu May 17, 2007 3:23 pm

mberkhof wrote: Dag Wilco,

Ik wist wel dat je je bezig hield met Joomla, maar je bent er dus echt heel druk mee. Bevalt het je een btje buiten Menzis?

Misschien was je al blij een nieuwe developer te mogen begroeten, maar ik denk dat ik dat beter aan anderen kan over laten.

Ik heb wel een vraagje. Ik heb al een site draaien met Joomla 1.0.11.
Nu wil ik een nieuwe site opzetten en denk erover maar meteen met de BetaVersie te starten. Slim of niet slim?

Groet + vast bedankt,
Marianne Berkhof
ApplicatieOntwikkelaar
Menzis - Enschede
Marianne, nieuwe developers zijn altijd welkom. Mocht je dat willen, praat ik graag verder, je kan me mailen op [email protected]. Ik zal je dan antwoorden met mijn skype gegevens, dan kan ik je wat makkelijker antwoord geven.

Groet, Wilco

Guille.
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Guille. » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:07 pm

willebil wrote: You have found this forum area, so you must be interested in a job in the development workgroup  ;)

The development workgroup aims at the development of a cutting edge, state of the art Web Content Management application framework. This workgroup is the driving force behind new versions, and building it. Along with the other working groups we try to realize this ambition.

We always seek for new talent. We are very sharp on who we want because the results of this workgroup determines what the quality of Joomla! is. Most of the times we get in touch with you when we see some interesting work around, but if you think you are the talent we seek you also can contact us by posting an application into this forum area. If you want to grab our attention, start commiting patched (see forge tracker) so we actually can see what you do, and how you do. Before you do please bear the following in mind:

* Education (or still being a student) in informatics with knowledge of modern development methods and techniques.
    * (Outstanding) knowledge of programming techniques like patterns and object orientation.

When you apply, please gives us as much as possible information so we can see what your skills in basic are. If you don't want to put all your personal information in here, you also can send a personal message to the workgroup leader (Wilco Jansen alias Willebil).
Hi there Bill,

My name is Guillermo Salazar, I would like to get a wrok in the development team, I recently finished studies in PHP, HTML and Databases, more specificly in MySQL, I can also use Java and C, though with less skills,  I do understand and well know some programming techniques objects oriented. Since I'm a student I'm on vacations so I have some apre time I could dedicate to the project.

I'm from Venezuela, -4.00 hours GMT and I would really like to gain experience on the Web development area, I enjoy working with it.

Thank you,
Guillermo Salazar
[email protected]

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:23 pm

Check your PM please.

Salaria
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Salaria » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi,

I am Mahesh Salaria, I would like to develop with Joomla and find this link for application. I have 2 years of experience in PHP development and Java Agent Development. I am currently working with Kayako Infotech ltd. http://kayako.com and want to develop with Open Source on my free time. I can devote  more than 10hrs on weekends and 2hrs in working days :).

Please tell me procedure to get involved in this project. I will be more than glad to work with JOOMLA

Regards,

Mahesh Salaria

Salaria
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Salaria » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:41 am

willebil wrote: You have found this forum area, so you must be interested in a job in the development workgroup  ;)

Please update me.

Regards,

Mahesh Slaria

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:25 pm

I have send you a personal message several days ago, please let me know if you have specific questions on it.

Salaria
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Salaria » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi Willebil,
willebil wrote: I have send you a personal message several days ago, please let me know if you have specific questions on it.
Sorry, I have not received any PM from your side.

Thanks,

Mahesh Salaria

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:17 pm

A forum personal message...sure you have not received it?

Salaria
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Salaria » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:56 pm

Yes, I am sure I have not received any forums PM  :(

Salaria
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Salaria » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:17 am

Hi Willebil,

Thanks, I got PM now. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mahesh Salaria

djjc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by djjc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi,

Im very intrested in this development. im 23 years old with 5 industry standard years programming in php MySql MSSQL visual basic c++ c java javascript css and html / xhtml. i have a semi intermidiate understanding of ajax.

i can devote a minimum of 8 hours a week to this project.

James.

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:37 pm

djjc wrote: Hi,

Im very intrested in this development. im 23 years old with 5 industry standard years programming in php MySql MSSQL visual basic c++ c java javascript css and html / xhtml. i have a semi intermidiate understanding of ajax.

i can devote a minimum of 8 hours a week to this project.

James.
Contact me via skype (chat): wilco.jansen or mail [email protected]

dchapiesky
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dchapiesky » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:20 pm

Daniel Chapiesky
8 hours no problem...

I have twenty some odd years developing medical imaging applications which spanned C++, shell scripts, PHP, and every database imaginable.

I use rational rose for UML, Visual Studio, gcc for heavy lifting, and am an accomplished php programmer.  I have written extensions for mySQL.

My interests in J! are in:

1) installation/upgrade code where diff.sql in automatically applied (I think this is a glaring omission...)
2) a schema abstraction layer to sit between the app code and whatever database engine abstraction comes along
3) the schema abstraction makes things like versioning and acl's easier to accomplish without breaking everything else at the same time
4) Unit testing would be great... I wouldn't mind firing up a set of tests that a web admin could apply whenever...

I await your reply with giddiness and some trepedation...

Daniel
Ya' gotta get over this sometime... How about now... - L. W.

nestorm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nestorm » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:04 am

Hello,

I'd like to contribute to the project. I'm a web developer, preparing to use Joomla! for my current employer and personal business opportunities (implementing and extending). It would be great to have a take on the actual development of Joomla!. I'm willing to contribute in anyway that I can, it doesn't have to be development work. I know the usual long list of languages: PHP, Ruby, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, XML, XSLT, XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, ActionScript, and I have excellent design skills as well.--As you can see, I go in between different development platforms. I like clean and well designed code. I'm a self taught developer, I started young, but I'm also a full time college student, as I recently found the importance of it. I've taken courses in computer programming, and I'm working on my Bachelors degree at the University of Central Florida.

In closing, I'm very passionate about my work and I want to be a part of something great! I enjoy learning new techniques. I believe that I can be of value to your team in any working group. So, please let me know. :)

Thanks,

Nestor Michael
http://www.nestorm.com
Last edited by nestorm on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

prabath321
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by prabath321 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:37 am

Hi

I'm php developer who would like to contribute to Joomla, I can spent more than 8 hours per week for joomla. I would like to share more information about me by private message please send me procedures to do it. I had complete my bachelors degree in computer science. I'm looking forward to join Joomla workgroup.

Cheers
Prabath

badricool
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by badricool » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi :

Iam Badri.I have got 4 years of work experience .

Following is my skillset :

- Core Java ,
- PHP
- VBscript
- Mambo (have used it for quite a while)
- Dbs like Oracle and Mysql

I am interested in taking up a role of developer.I can devote 10 hours per week.

Thanks
-Badri

badricool
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by badricool » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi Bill:

can you please update me ?

-Badri

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:32 pm

Dear Badri,

Thank you very much for your interest. I hope you are somewhat familiair with open source development. Applying is not as in the business context. We would really like to see you become active so we can see your actual skills and dedication. You can do that by starting in the forum, taking tracker artefacts and send in patches. If you work is good, you are dediated enough we will notify your work and invite you.

As you probably have read in the Joomla! team blog we are doing a bug squeezing event soon (within 2 weeks) and I will try to send out some information on how we work, keep an eye on that and I hope to see you asap.

eyurdakul
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by eyurdakul » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Hi this is Ejder Yurdakul from Belgium. I like to help you with Joomla. I have good knowledge of PHP, Actionscript en novice Javascript.
Thanks a lot.

prof3ta
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by prof3ta » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi, I'm a Computer Engineering student from Italy.
I'm going to finish my studies in July.
I approached Joomla a couple of months ago and I developed a couple of components for it (Joomla Flickr and Joomla Picasa, for example).
I'd like to write my final thesis on Joomla and, more specifically, I'd like to write an ACL for it.
I couldn't realize what is the real current development situation about it.
I'd like to synchronize my work with the already done one and to serve the community :)
You can find my info and contacts on my personal home page (there's a CV, too):
http://prof3ta.netsons.org

jcarouth
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jcarouth » Mon May 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Obviously I am new to the Joomla project, but I am no stranger to large-scale open source development. Specifically I have been employed as a software engineer at SugarCRM (http://www.sugarcrm.com) as a developer on the Core Application Team responsible for bug fixing and performance enhancements. I will poking around on the GForge instance and hopefully finding some bugs that I can patch, but I wanted to submit this post as a general introduction and expression of my interest in the Joomla project.

Feel free to PM me if you have any comments/questions.

Regards,

Jeff

jrose715
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jrose715 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:26 am

Hi! I am Romulus and I am the one in charge in the creation of our school's website and I am looking forward to join your team if that is OK with you.

My Interest are on creating Flash animation and I am also interested in the security of Joomla. I have change the path of administrator to my surname and it worked. I did just to hide the administrator log-in from others.

Is that OK or I need not to do that.

Just looking forward to work with you guys. I also need to have some development on our site and maybe for joomla.

I once started to use mambo but shifted to joomla.

Thanks,
Romulus

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Fri May 23, 2008 7:13 am

hi Romulus,

I am not sure that targeting at joining the group who is responsible for maintaining the Joomla! code base is a good place to start, personally I think the bug-squad is an easier place to jump in.

Regards, Wilco

nirmalyalahiri
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nirmalyalahiri » Sun May 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi willebil,
This is Nirmalya Lahiri from Kolkata(formerly Calcutta), India. I am currently working in a Sate Government Organisation as a software developer. We are working on PHP/PostgreSQL on Linux platform. Recently I start working on Joomla framework. It is a very good framework. But, one problem I faced while working on Joomla framework; the problem is Joomla has no support on PostgreSQL database, because Joomla has no database driver for PostgreSQL.

I solved this problem also. I just successfully wrote database driver for PostgreSQL database. Now it is in testing mode. After completion of testing I will personally work on joomla using that database driver.

I would like to contribute that driver source code to joomla comunity. How can I do that? I would like to be a member of development work group also. I think I will help development working group for modification of source code of Joomla CMS and framework. Because I found many hardcoded MySQL specific sql string. That need to be change to make joomla compatible with other database(like PostgreSQL). Please inform me how can I help joomla comunity by development.

-bye
Thanks in advance
Nirmalya Lahiri

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Wed May 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Can you try to contact me on Skype (chat): wilco.jansen ?

Or send me a mail ([email protected])

vinay_n5
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by vinay_n5 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:40 am

Hi willebil,

This is Vinay Mishra from Delhi, India. I am currently working in a Software Organisation as a Senior software developer. We are working on PHP/MySQL ,joomla projects.I started working on Joomla framework from last 3 yrs and in php last 4 yrs. It is a very good framework. I am making a language component and few required modules for joomla.Although I know there is joom fish component available but In case If I want to make my own components and modules then this language component will be more benefitial for us.
Now it is in testing mode. After completion of testing I will add this in joomla extention.
I have also made primezilla internal email component that will work also for joomla 1.5 series.Very soon this will be add to joomla extension lists.I would like to be a member of development work group also. I think I will help development working group for modification of source code of Joomla CMS and framework And making of new component and modules for joomla.

Please inform me how can I help joomla comunity by development.
Thanks & Regards

Vinay Mishra

jamescowie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jamescowie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:44 pm

hi there,

I am very keen to help in the development of joomla. i have administerd several joomla sites as well a building several joomla components. I am more than happy to contribute 8 hours a week towards active development. I have been working as a comercial programmer for 6 years now rangeing from programming to writing documentation to testing.

My skill set is:

php4/5 MySQL.
javascript.
visual basic
c++
linux administration
xml xslt
perl

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please either contact me via pm on here or via james (at) jcowie.co.uk

thanks for your time.

j cowie.

feras_wilson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by feras_wilson » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi!

I am a 15 years old boy with a good expirence in PHP and MySQL. I have been working on making websites since i was 10. I like this work, and i would lovely develop Joomla!. To my job, check my out my websites i done in HTML, JAVASCRIPT, PHP & MYSQL:
Thank you!

Return to “Applications for participation in the Development Workgroup”