SOLVED How do you upgrade a component?

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
morvenwestfield
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SOLVED How do you upgrade a component?

Post by morvenwestfield » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:41 pm

I have a dumb question. (Sorry.)

I'm a relative newbie and all I've done so far is INSTALL components. What happens when I need to upgrade to a new version of a component? How do I upgrade without losing the data? Does it vary from component to component, or is there a Joomla-standard way that I can assume will work? Should I ask the third-party component developer?

I looked in the documentation and help, but didn't find anything. (Of course, I could have been looking in the wrong place.) When I have the answer, I'll post in the documenation section with a suggestion of what to add, even if it's just "it depends."

Thanks,
Morven
Last edited by morvenwestfield on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How do you upgrade a component?

Post by Tonie » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:27 pm

Unfortunately, there is no standard for this. Most components do not delete the data when uninstalling, this means it is best to check this out before installing.

morvenwestfield
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How do you upgrade a component?

Post by morvenwestfield » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:45 pm

This is actually useful information. Based on what you said, I opened the Zip file for the component and found a text file called "Installation" which indeed did tell me how to upgrade and preserve my data.

Thanks!
Morven

montage7375
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: SOLVED How do you upgrade a component?

Post by montage7375 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:56 am

I need your help. I am using Joomla Version 1.5.18 in the virtual mart section the new client is trying to register but no activation email is going through it's blank. When you send the registration. It's coming through the back end and not confirming that the form has been sent. None of the forms on my website are working What shall I do?

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”