Uncomplete control panel+You are not authorized to view res~

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
shepherd71131
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Uncomplete control panel+You are not authorized to view res~

Post by shepherd71131 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:05 am

I was asked to update an old website and also its CMS (joomla 1.0.10). I was handed a copy and took it with me home. I was not happy with what I found.
  • The administrator page is in French and even if I change the language parameter in the configuration file it still won't switch to English.
  • The jos_core_acl_aro table in the database is corrupted and gives me the following error: #1034 - Incorrect key file for table.
  • I'm not authorized to do certain tasks even if I login as the super administrator.
  • And to make things worse, the control panel is not complete. I don't see all of the menu option that joomla 1.0.10 offers... no menu manager, no trash manager, no Components? here's a SNAPSHOT
All I want to do is install a "migrator" to move on to joomla 1.5 then to 2.5 an eventually to 3.0

What should I do to see the other menu options in the control panel ?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Uncomplete control panel+You are not authorized to view

Post by toivo » Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 am

The site may have been heavily customised, or, more likely, hacked.

If the key tables are corrupt, you may have difficulty in trying add a new admin user with full rights:
http://docs.joomla.org/Administration_F ... assword.3F

Your client has left the migration very late and some original migrator extensions have simply disappeared.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”