overLIB 4.10 or later is required for the HideForm Plugin

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
heartuvgold
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: overLIB 4.10 or later is required for the HideForm Plugin

Post by heartuvgold » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:36 pm

I'm not even using firefox, I'm using google chrome and I have the same problem. I submitted my problem to bug reports but was told it wasn't a joomla problem. I never had this before and was running the same version. I've tried cleaning my browser cache to no avail. what the heck is the hideform plugin? Does anybody know this?
My Joomla Site for Experts and their niches
http://www.home-earners.com

heartuvgold
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: overLIB 4.10 or later is required for the HideForm Plugin

Post by heartuvgold » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Stefan71a wrote:Actually, I noticed that I could remove (rename) the secound overLIB file since my editor diden't needed that one.
How did you remove it? I couldn't even find it.
My Joomla Site for Experts and their niches
http://www.home-earners.com

myksri
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: overLIB 4.10 or later is required for the HideForm Plugi

Post by myksri » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:44 am

I was also experiencing the same problem, I checked the code of one of the plugins and found that, This message is not appropriate as it is the same for 3 conditions

1. If the object is not initialized.
2. If the method is not invoked.
3. If the library is not updated.

Which according to me is not correct, I want to file a bug at Over lib's end but couldn't get an entry point where I can do that.

The solution that I came up was to call this scripts inside the body but not in the head, this will allow the creation of the object before the plugin is invoked.

Mayank Srivastava

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”