Can someone help, I failed miserably trying to migrate

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bbTestequ
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can someone help, I failed miserably trying to migrate

Post by bbTestequ » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:32 am

Hi everyone,

I tried migrating from 1.0.15 to 1.5 and clearly did something wrong. I followed the directions by installing 1.5 in a sub directory and installing. When I imported my databases using the migration file using the Component tool the directions said to install everything took a dive. Now I can't access the back end and the frontend, well see for yourself: http://testequ.com

I tried having my host restore but that didn't work. At this point I would be happy to get my old site back up and running. And yes, I forgot to backup :/. I'm a little rusty as you can tell as I am quite a bit behind in the Joomla world.

Thanks in advance for taking your time to help me out.

pxforti
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Can someone help, I failed miserably trying to migrate

Post by pxforti » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm

If you have no backup of the original site and your host has no backup, there is no way to restore your old site. If you created a new database for the new site, then your old database should be intact. Also, your old file should be intact as well since the migrator does not delete any files.
Joomla Website Design / CS-Cart Website Design
http://writenowdesign.com

bbTestequ
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bbTestequ » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks for the response.

So is that where I went wrong? Using the same database as I was using on the 1.0 version during setup?

My plan now is to delete everything and install 2.5 fresh (backing up the site as it stands currently) And trying to use the migration file in to a new database...

If you have any advice on how to recover I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

pxforti
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by pxforti » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:54 am

If you used the same database to must use different table prefixes but I recommend creating a new database for the 1.5 installation.

Regarding recovery of your old db, it might still be in the database if you used a different table prefix when you installed 1.5.
Joomla Website Design / CS-Cart Website Design
http://writenowdesign.com

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”