HELP! Upgrading and Saving content BEFORE upgrading

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
revenantmedia
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

HELP! Upgrading and Saving content BEFORE upgrading

Post by revenantmedia » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I've got my php switched on godaddy.com but I'm still getting error messages. I currently run off of joomla 1.0 and I worry about all my content being deleted if I upgrade (Which I have to do).
I'm so computer illiterateI can't even figure out how to back up my site before upgrading.
Can ANYONE help me out with this?
Please.

Adam
http://www.revenantmedia.com

Davey72
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: HELP! Upgrading and Saving content BEFORE upgrading

Post by Davey72 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Me too.. they said they sent out alerts telling members that this will happen but I got none.. I spent 90 mins on the phone chewing them out and trying to find a solution.. then when they concluded that there is nothing else they can do, I ended the call.... I went back to the affected sited to assess the issues, but for some reason they were working again. I called support back and they told me if it's ok now, then I will not have to worry anymore because the issue has been resolved. Having received faulty info from them in the past, I sent an email to support and they told me I was still on 4.x and should upgrade as soon as possible. However they also said that once I am migrated to 5.x, they cannot roll back.. so O called back and the next agent I spoke to was as lost as I was. He said to just upgrade to5.x asap incase the issues recur.

So in a nutshell, my sites are up and running fine, but I still need to know how to migrate to 5.x. I was using joomfish on some sites and I saw issues and heard that it does not support php5, so I must find another solution for this. Other sites not using joomfish also had issues.. is there a conversion tool for this? Can I use akeba to backup the site and reinstall on 5.x?

Good luck bro.

Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”