[RESOLVED] IE6.0 not showing intro/main text fields (firefox ok) - Joomla 1.0.11

maddunr
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

[RESOLVED] IE6.0 not showing intro/main text fields (firefox ok) - Joomla 1.0.11

Post by maddunr » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:50 am

Description:
After upgrading to Joomla 1.0.11, I cannot see the intro / main text when editing from the front end. I can see and edit text from the administrator end. This problem is only with Internet Explorer (6.0). Firefox works fine.

I have tried JCE mambot, TinyMCE and NO WYSIWYG editor. All three cases yield same results.

I have followed instructions on other threads and updates admin.mambots.php and frontend.html.php.

See attached screenshot.

Steps to replicate:
The url is http://www.bbmysore.org. I can PM the user details to the mod if necessary. I login on the frontend using the login menu item and click on the edit icon next to a content item. The item goes to edit mode, but I cannot see the intro or main text fields. This happens only with IE 6.0.

Topic / Artifact ID:

artf5990 - http://forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf5990?nav=1

System info:
PHP built On:  FreeBSD rs384.securehostserver.com 4.11-STABLE FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #0: Wed Apr i386 
Database Version:  4.0.16 
PHP Version:  4.4.1 
Web Server:  Apache 
WebServer to PHP interface:  apache 
Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable [ Sunbow ] 28 August 2006 20:00 UTC 
User Agent:  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; FDM) 

NOTE: Register Globals is ON in server settings.

Can someone pls help me? I deal with older users who can barely log in to the site. Asking them to install Firefox is going to be difficult.

Thanks in advance,
-V
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

user deleted

Re: IE 6.0 not showing intro / main text fields (firefox ok) - Joomla 1.0.11

Post by user deleted » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:35 pm

Q&T Note; according to the latest comment on the tracker artifact this has been solved and was not a core bug, marking the topic Resolved

robbieburns
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: [RESOLVED] IE6.0 not showing intro/main text fields (firefox ok) - Joomla 1.

Post by robbieburns » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:33 am

Did anyone find a proper solution to this problem? I know it is not regarded as a proper bug but it does exist and I have the same problem. In addition to the invisible text, I am unable to save or quit the editor,

Robbie

Return to “Q&T 1.0.x Resolved - Archived”