[LOW:KNOWN ISSUE:1.0.11] Joomla + Safari

parambyte
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[LOW:KNOWN ISSUE:1.0.11] Joomla + Safari

Post by parambyte » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:28 pm

hello! a request to developers working on Joomla. The current version (1.1x) isnt very compatible with Safari. Can that be fixed somehow? I use Firefox to edit the backend (the editors dont work well at all with Safari).
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla + Safari

Post by Tonie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:43 pm

Are you using Joomla 1.1 Alpha? This is a really old developer snapshot of last february, Joomla! 1.5 beta might be better if you want to test Joomla.

Hackwar
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Hackwar » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:37 pm

even better a nightly build. :) http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/
god doesn't play dice with the universe. not after that drunken night with the devil where he lost classical mechanics in a game of craps.

Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

parambyte
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by parambyte » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:08 am

I am using 1.1x stable. Just checked out the nightly build. Can i use it for a fully working site? Or just for testing? Also do you think this is a problem with the editors? Is there a third party wysiwyg editor that will not have the problem? I believe there is a mac compatible  editor, but it has a commercial license.  if the code is W3C compliant, it should work with all w3c compliant browers?

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:02 am

There is no Joomla! 1.1x stable. You are either using 1.0.11 stable, 1.1 alpha or 1.5 beta/svn. That's where the confusion comes from, what version are you using? Are you working with a custmized template?

parambyte
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by parambyte » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:10 am

sorry, my mistake.
its Joomla! 1.0.10 Stable on one site

and

Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable on another

editing the backend with a Mac+Safari gives some problems, like the image button greying out etc.
Mac+Firefox is fine.

(I have fallen in love with Joomla. And I want it to work flawlessly with Safari!!! )

Stian
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Stian » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:30 pm

You're quite correct, parambyte. To address the issue with {mosimage} first:

When the user clicks the "Insert Image" button the execCommand function runs fine (checks for Safari and all) until it hits the following on line 3167 of tiny_mce_src.js:

Code: Select all

this.execCommand('InsertText', false, value.nodeValue);
There is no case for "InsertText" in the execCommand function and it, as far as I can tell, runs into an eternal loop.

I have told the devs to have a look at this.

I have found several other issues with tinyMCE on Safari, and will report them to the Quality and Testing group. Hopefully they will be sorted out in version 1.0.12.

I any case, the xStandard editor in 1.5 will not have these issues!

Stian
Last edited by Stian on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:22 am

Q&T Note; TinyMCE is not actually core, and the problems on Mac are a known issue. We will not be able to fix this, also because it is out of scope for 1.0.12. Closing this as known issue.

Return to “Known Issues - Archive”