Domain violation Request

mojoomla1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Domain violation Request

Post by mojoomla1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 am

Hello,

We have filled up and register our mojoomla.com domain on Opensourcematters.org request form.

We have uploaded our extension 21651 - mj Menu in extension listing and we are getting error due to domain violation. We have requested for domain 3 week ago and still we are not getting any approval message for domain or any other message.

Please respond us.

Thanks in advance..

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Domain violation Request

Post by mandville » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 am

There is currently a delay in processing applications. Please bear with the team.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

mojoomla1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mojoomla1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 am

mandville wrote:There is currently a delay in processing applications. Please bear with the team.
Can you please give us time period,so we can know that when it's actually handle?

mojoomla1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mojoomla1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:22 am

Can you please reply us? otherwise our product will be rejected by joomla team.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:47 am

I have informed the jed team you are waiting but it is unlikely they will reject you while you are waiting
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted

mojoomla1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mojoomla1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 am

Can you please let us know how much time it will take to approve the domain request..?

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:31 pm

What normally happens for applications is that the volunteer team will look at the application and then look at the website.
as each website is different it can take time for the volunteer to evaluate the site meets the requirements as posted for OSM approval to use the trademark.
If you site is compliant then its quite quick BUT if your site isnt compliant then after recording each of the failures the person will have to write an email to you, wait for your response, you to do the changes, the changes to be checked, the email sent to verify the changes. the site is then reviewed again and if appropriate approved, if not then the process starts again with you making changes you should have done got right in the first place!
the TM markers are very simple currently they are
make sure the first use of the word joomla is written as joomla!®
include the unaltered disclaimer
dont use any unapproved logos.

so providing you follow the simple guidelines and rules, then you can get approved quickly. you mess it up and it can take ages. In the jed publishing FAQ http://docs.joomla.org/Publishing_to_JED#Trademarks has a clear step indicating you need permissions before you submit your extension.

Now you have caught the T&L approval team in a period where they are migrating the approval system. in the words of the roadworks team, these temporary delays are to make your journey quicker

JacquesR
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JacquesR » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:38 pm

@ mojoomla1

I have checked, and your domain application was received 2 weeks ago, and is being processed.

Please be patient.

--
Jacques Rentzke
Trademark Team

mojoomla1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mojoomla1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:47 am

Hello,

Any news on our domain violation request?

jredpanda
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jredpanda » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 pm

mandville wrote:I have informed the jed team you are waiting but it is unlikely they will reject you while you are waiting
That was not the case with our situation. We had the same problem with you guys and our submissions were rejected. Hope you got better luck than us since we are waiting for approval almost three months now... At least you got a response (even if it didnt clear things out). We got nothing... Zero... Nada...

mojoomla1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mojoomla1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 am

Hello Trademark Team,

Any news on our domain violation request?

Jazzi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jazzi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 am

Hi guys,

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread! :)

I too submitted a domain usage request several weeks ago, but have heard nothing since. I also sent a contact form submission on the OSM site to follow it up, but have had no reply to that either... I appreciate that the OSM team are really busy (that's a good thing though I think) - just would like to know if I can start promoting my site properly without the fear of it being shut down! ;)

My application isn't linked to a JED submission and the site in question will only be used as a blog and portfolio for my Joomla development work (which makes up 90% of the work I've done over the last three months).

Any update/timeline/anything would be great! :D

Thanks,

Paul
Paul E. Web Designer & Developer / Joomla Guy
http://joomlaguy.co.uk

Return to “OpenSourceMatters.org”