Building Websites by Example; "Workbook Approach"

thedecon55
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Building Websites by Example; "Workbook Approach"

Post by thedecon55 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:02 am

I have never built a website before. I decided to learn Joomla for all the sites I plan to build.

A major element to the learning process that I find missing is that there are very few step-by-step examples out there.

Is there any example out there which shows a completed websites and then works backward to show step by step how those websites was built with joomla?

The Joomla! v 1.5 Quick Start Guide and Learn Joomla! 1.5 Fast! documents are very good in this regard but only cover the initial simple stuff. I would like to see a much more comprehensive "practical guide" rather than a "didactic user manual" or consult the "help screen" approach.

While Joomla is excellent, it still takes a lot of time to learn for someone completely new to the website building process.

dextercowley
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Building Websites by Example; "Workbook Approach"

Post by dextercowley » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:07 am

Hi. This article is not exactly what you are asking for, but might be in the right direction: http://community.joomla.org/magazine/ar ... -data.html. Mark
Mark Dexter
"Well...how did I get here?"

thedecon55
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Building Websites by Example; "Workbook Approach"

Post by thedecon55 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:31 am

Thanks. I think it should be helpful. If you do come across anything identical to what I am seeking, please do let me know.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”