Customize Message for Login form

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
phoebz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Customize Message for Login form

Post by phoebz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:08 am

Dear Joomla experts,
I'm a newbie in Joomlaworld, just installed J! 1.5 and liking the Beez template.

However I need to customize the text in login form

http://www.box.net/shared/mhre9caccs

into something with more explanation.

Where should I edit to modify this?

Thank you so much for the help,

*phoebe

hashani
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Customize Message for Login form

Post by hashani » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:10 am

HI, Phoebe
phoebz wrote: Where should I edit to modify this?
1. Go to Joomla! admin panel -> Extensions -> Module Manager

2. Then click  'Login Form' link to edit the module.

3. In the Parameters section you can see lots of Parameters to change. ( Pre-text / Post-text )

Cheers,
Hashani

phoebz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by phoebz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:40 am

Dear Hashani,
thanks for the reply...it worked. :) Do you know how change the text of the "No Account Yet? Please create the account" part ?
I also have difficulties in customizing the Poll module from CSS, to make the text allign neatly even for the text that fall on second line from the radio button (am i making sense here?)
Thanks so much.

*phoebe

hashani
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hashani » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:29 pm

HI, Phoebe
phoebz wrote: Do you know how change the text of the "No Account Yet? Please create the account" part ?
1) Open joomla_root/templates/beez/html/mod_login/default.php

2) Check line number 56.

Code: Select all

<p>
		<?php echo JText::_('No account yet?'); ?>
		<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_user&task=register#content'); ?>">
			<?php echo JText::_('Register'); ?>
		</a>
	</p>
3) You can change ''No account yet?' or whatever you want.  :)

Btw, 'Template overrides' is new feature in joomla 1.5, go and check how it's work.
http://www.compassdesigns.net/tutorials ... ial_6.html

Cheers,
Hashani

phoebz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by phoebz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:31 am

Thank you Hashani..  really helped me out.
I looked at the article of Templates overrides, not quite understand it yet.

*phoebe

hashani
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hashani » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:03 pm

HI, Phoebe
phoebz wrote: I looked at the article of Templates overrides, not quite understand it yet.
Don't worry, Let us know if there is anything.  :)

Cheers,
Hashani

arkjoseph
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by arkjoseph » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:07 pm

hello, i came accross this post in search of a way to replace the "Create an account" text with an image. if i use template over ride can someone walk me through? thanks so much for the help :D
Please note:
Yes I am a little crazy

jesakos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jesakos » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:14 am

hello, i havent that option on my joomla :/ any solution?

isyweb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by isyweb » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:26 am

Hello there,

I am looking to customize the message sent by email to the registrant, as it shows now:

"Hello Name,

Thank you for registering at ."

And nothing shows after "at" so I'd like to ad the name of the website.

Thanks in advance!

Bits Support
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Bits Support » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Hello,

I would like to change the message that shows up on the login page however I am not using the mod. Instead I have a menu item for "Default Login Layout". The menu item is set to "Registered" so it doesn't show unless your logged in (there is reasons for this). I made a link on my page that takes you to the menu item. When you select the link it takes you to the menu item and since you can't view the menu item unless your already logged in it takes you to the login page. The message that is on this page says "To access the private area of this site, please log in." I want to change this message but using the menu item's options doesn't seem to work to change this message. If it went to the DEFAULT page AFTER login (I have it redirected to my homepage instead) the login message is listed here. Since I skip that page they never see the login description that i put in the menu item's options.

If someone unsuccessfully tries to login it simply reloads the page with the error "Username and Password do not match." If the login is successful they are redirected to my home page.

Basically I want to change the message on the login page (see attachment). How do I go about doing this since I am not using the mod? Thanks in advance for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Bits Support
http://www.bitsltd.net/

enbees
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by enbees » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:09 am

Bits Support wrote:Basically I want to change the message on the login page (see attachment). How do I go about doing this since I am not using the mod?
Go to your Backend: Menu Item Manager --> Menu Item: [ Edit ]
On the right column of Menu Item [Edit] page, find "Login Description" button, set to "show", then fill in the "Login Description Text"
Regards,
enbees, I'm here: http://koperasoft.com

Bits Support
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Bits Support » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:30 pm

enbees wrote:
Bits Support wrote:Basically I want to change the message on the login page (see attachment). How do I go about doing this since I am not using the mod?
On the right column of Menu Item [Edit] page, find "Login Description" button, set to "show", then fill in the "Login Description Text"

Thank you @enbees but I have already tried that with no success.

The "Login Description" sets the message that shows on the default page after a successful login. Since I am not going to that page, I have it redirect to my home page after a successful login, it does me no good to edit that message.

The message I want to change is the one on the previous screen shot. That is the login screen before you login. There is no simple way to change this from what I have found.

The message you told me how to change is, after a successful login, on the page it would normally take you to. The page it would normally take you to is a page that has the "Login Page Title" and the "Login Description" on it. This page also has a button to logout. When you select that logout button it normally takes you to the page with the "Logout Title" and "Logout Description" on it. I did not like that it took you directly to a page to logout after a successful login so I redirected it to go to my home page after a successful login. That skips BOTH pages that have the "Login/Logout" messages on them. This is because, as I have stated already, I redirect after a successful login to my home page. For users to logout they simply use a menu item that logs them out and then sends them to the home page.

I simply want to know which file I have to edit to change the text on the actual Login screen before logging in, not the screen after a successful login. Again thanks to anyone that gives a suggestion.
Thanks,
Bits Support

mrtstoke
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrtstoke » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Is there anyway to block access to the admin backend login page for everyone? And that's ofcourse without blocking myself.

mrtstoke
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrtstoke » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Bits Support wrote:
enbees wrote:

Thank you @enbees but I have already tried that with no success.

The "Login Description" sets the message that shows on the default page after a successful login. Since I am not going to that page, I have it redirect to my home page after a successful login, it does me no good to edit that message.

The message I want to change is the one on the previous screen shot. That is the login screen before you login. There is no simple way to change this from what I have found.

The message you told me how to change is, after a successful login, on the page it would normally take you to. The page it would normally take you to is a page that has the "Login Page Title" and the "Login Description" on it. This page also has a button to logout. When you select that logout button it normally takes you to the page with the "Logout Title" and "Logout Description" on it. I did not like that it took you directly to a page to logout after a successful login so I redirected it to go to my home page after a successful login. That skips BOTH pages that have the "Login/Logout" messages on them. This is because, as I have stated already, I redirect after a successful login to my home page. For users to logout they simply use a menu item that logs them out and then sends them to the home page.

I simply want to know which file I have to edit to change the text on the actual Login screen before logging in, not the screen after a successful login. Again thanks to anyone that gives a suggestion.

You need to change the translation file. The text is coming from there. In this kind of situation I normally use notepad++ to search for the text in the joomla files. And this method never failed.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:58 pm

hashani wrote:HI, Phoebe
phoebz wrote: Do you know how change the text of the "No Account Yet? Please create the account" part ?
1) Open joomla_root/templates/beez/html/mod_login/default.php

2) Check line number 56.

<p>
		<?php echo JText::_('No account yet?'); ?>
		<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_user&task=register#content'); ?>">
			<?php echo JText::_('Register'); ?>
		</a>
	</p>
3) You can change ''No account yet?' or whatever you want.  :)
This is wrong. The text is translated, so you have to change it in the language file.

Edit language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_login.ini with a text editor.

Change the line "NO ACCOUNT YET?=No Account Yet?"

Do so for all the languages you are using.

If you changed the glyph in the code, you also have to add it to your language files.

Bits Support
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Bits Support » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:25 pm

mrtstoke wrote:
Bits Support wrote: Thank you @enbees but I have already tried that with no success.

You need to change the translation file. The text is coming from there. In this kind of situation I normally use notepad++ to search for the text in the joomla files. And this method never failed.
Thanks @mrtstoke. Do you know which file specifically I need to change it in? I am using english for the site language if that madders.

I tried to change this line:

LOGIN MESSAGE=Login Message
to

LOGIN MESSAGE=Test
from either of the two files mentioned:
joomla_root/languages/en-GB/en-GB.mod_login.ini and or en-GB.com_user.ini
and no change even if I clean the site cache and my browser cache. So am I trying to change the wrong file or am I not understanding what you are saying to do?

EDIT: Corrected the files path. (Forgot the folder "en-GB" from the path). Also even looking through any files I thought may be linked to this issue, including the two above, I have seen no where the exact text of "To access the private area of this site, please log in. "

EDIT 2: I found what I needed. Thanks everyone that gave assistance. For the record. I had to edit:
joomla_root/languages/en-GB/en-GB.com_user.ini. I wasn't as thorough as I thought when looking through that file before.

What I changed:

LOGIN_DESCRIPTION=Original Text
to

LOGIN_DESCRIPTION=New Text
Thanks,
Bits Support

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”