Frequent Asked Questions about Joomlacode

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Frequent Asked Questions about Joomlacode

Post by Tonie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:39 pm

This thread will contain Frequent Asked Questions about Joomlacode.

Q: Where can I find information to checkout Joomla! using SVN?
A: See this link; http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... AccessInfo

Q: I registered and account on JoomlaCode.org, but I never received my Activation Email. What do I do?
A: Please ensure that the email containing the Activation Email is not in your Spam folder. If you still can not find it, then email a JoomlaCode.org Team Member and ask that they email the Activation Link to you directly.

Q: My project got rejected because of and I was asked to re-register it. Now I cannot re-submit it, I get a message saying that the project already exists.
A: Re-register your project using a different "Unix Project Name". (This is a known issue that is being worked on as we speak, apologies for the inconvenience )

Q: Why did my project get rejected?
A: The "Project Rejected" email should contain specific information regarding the reason(s) why, and may suggest a remedy.

Most common reasons to date:
      Non-English Description, Multi-Lingual is more than acceptable.
      Description does not provide enough information about the project purpose and outcome.
      The project does not conform to the requirements of the JoomlaCode.org project rules.
      Your project was not related to Joomla!
      Your project was a "commercial" product.
      Your project is not a "code" project.

Q: If I have a problem or find a bug with JoomlaCode.org how can I report it?
A: JoomlaCode.org has setup a Support project please post your issues there, then they can be managed and tracked by the team.
    http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/support/tracker/

Q: When I created my account, I typed in the wrong UNIX Name. Can you change it for me?
A: Unfortunately, this is something that we can not do. The only option is to request that we delete your project, so that you can resubmit it for approval.

Q: How to get Joomla 1.5 development versions
A: Please read this thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg161751

Q: Why I get a "Permission Denied" message when trying to view a project?
A: The project was migrated and still needs to be activated by the admin. As soon as we get a request from the admin, we will assign the project to them. It is the admin's responsibility to make a project public.

Q: How do I join a project?
A: It's not possible to automatically join a project. A lot of projects welcome new project members to help out with the project though. If you want to join a project, please contact the project administrator. He's the person that allows you to join a project, and can assign the proper roles for it.
Last edited by Tonie on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “JoomlaCode.org”