Sigplus Problem

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! bots/Plugins here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ibrahim1_d
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Sigplus Problem

Post by ibrahim1_d » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:53 am

HI,

I am very new to joomla. I am using Sigplus image gallery plugin for my site picture gallery. I am facing strange problem. The pictures are shown but when i click for the preview another window opens for the preview and don't show the image slider.

Please help me in this problem. I ll be thankful

hunyadi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Sigplus Problem

Post by hunyadi » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:14 pm

sigplus preview images are images wrapped inside an anchor, or in other words, each preview image is a link. The default browser behavior for a link upon mouse click is to navigate to the target where the link points to. Preview image links in a sigplus gallery point to the original image. Normally, sigplus subscribes to the click event upon initialization and suppresses the default behavior, that is, when you click a link, a lightbox pop-up window should open and the browser should forget about following where the link points to. Unfortunately, certain errors on a page cause the sigplus script to fail, and the default behavior for a mouse click on a link is not suppressed. The cause of errors ranges from aggressive templates removing script references added by sigplus (when you view your page in source mode, you see no signs of .js files included from sigplus folders) to multiple inclusion of the jQuery library sigplus uses by various other extensions (when in source mode, you see multiple occurrences of jquery.js). The sigplus FAQ lists some of the common causes with solutions but it is difficult to give a generic answer.

Sharpy01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sharpy01 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi there I am also haing a problem with sigplus not displaying images properly when I use image captions.

http://205.200.6.241/jego

I have read through the documentation & tried several different conigurations.

The problem only occurs in IE 8 so I didn't notice it right away...

It's too bad too because I was really liked the way you could embed a link into the preview image & disable the lightbox...

I really want to get this sorted so I can finnish the site for my client as well as use it in this way for my personal labor of love.
http://www.masteranglersuniverse.com

where I hope to replace text links to my fish descripions, member added photos among other things.

Anyhow... the 1st site is the priority (it is my first client) & they will be willing to pay for support if needed.

I am hopeful that Mr. Hunyadi has the time to check it out. thanks in advance.

Sharpy01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sharpy01 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Hold up... I should add that the problem only occurs when I add <a href tag to the labels.txt file...

hunyadi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by hunyadi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 pm

I cannot seem to be able to locate a labels.txt file but you might have made changes to your site since your last message post. In any case, a common cause for such a difference between how browsers behave is putting invalid markup in the caption part of the labels.txt file. Make sure that your anchors are properly delimited, e.g.

Code: Select all

<a href="http://example.com/">An example page</a>
Should you miss the end tag or leave out some other part that makes it ill-formed, your gallery might behave in peculiar ways. Most browsers are lenient about missing tag parts and automatically close missing tags or "repair" the element for you. For instance, an anchor tag cannot span over a paragraph, so Firefox would automatically close the anchor when it meets the end tag for a paragraph. Not so IE, which -- without a proper end tag -- assumes that everything that is inside the anchor tag goes inside the anchor tag. This makes the anchor gobble up valuable other content. Note that the IE behavior is absolutely acceptable: it was you who put malformed (X)HTML in your document and you cannot expect IE to correct it for you. Firefox and other browsers try to be clever if you make a mistake. I hope this helps sort the matter out.

Sharpy01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sharpy01 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much you just helped me... its funny though I corrected it on the joomla 1.6 version of the site (on my laptop) and it didn't fix it ( i am using the new plugin & module)... but the second I changed it on the joomla 1.5 version

at

http://205.200.6.241/jego and it worked perfectly. Now all I have to do is correct the alignment of the plugin in those pages and I am good to go! You are awesome... I totally apprectiate the effort to respond. Good luck with your projects I did read through your site it seems like you have lots on the go.

Good luck wth everything.

thanks again.

Oh yeah one last thing... are you any good working with forms, databases and outputting to kml files? lol.

I realize I likely have right php script to build the desired kml file... The reality is I have no clue what the heck I am doing but its fun... You don't actually have to reply, but I am hoping to get some funding for my project in the coming months and I have some really ambitious goals for my site. So if you have time and you like fishing, maybe we can work something out. If you are interested in helping I will send you some more information about the project and what exactly we are trying to do. Thanks again for all your help.

majid-eb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 1.7

Post by majid-eb » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 am

I'm having this same problem with a new site running Joomla 1.7

I started working on this issue yesterday and finaly after many attempts I got it working. Unfortunatly I've no idea how it got fixed. I'm using a module to add a gallery. It's now working on one page, but when I add anohter module on another page the popup doesn't occur and instead it opens the image on a new window(tab).
There is actualy one "Lightbox-popup" that does work, which is "Milkbox (with Mootools)". The rest don't work, also the captions don't show.
Just to be clear, this all works fine on one page, but when adding a new sigplus module for another page it doesn't. On the working page I can add other sigplus modules, which all work fine, just not any other pages.
Read on the documentation the following, but don't think this applies to my case:
When I click an image preview, there is no lightbox effect, the original image is shown in a new tab.

The likely cause is that there is a JavaScript error, which is usually a result of a conflict between sigplus code and another extension or the template script. The JavaScript error halts script execution and the lightbox initialization code is not run, which is the reason why there is no lightbox effect.

If there is no script error, make sure the browser is able to access style sheet files and script files it needs to display images correctly. In fact, the contents of the folders plugins/content/sigplus/css and plugins/content/sigplus/js has to be accessible from an external location, as well as all subfolders in plugins/content/sigplus/engines. Please enter source mode in your browser and check that if you click on links that relate to sigplus, you do not get HTTP status code 403 Forbidden or a similar error.
Advanced users' notes

The initialization code is responsible for binding the mouse click event to the lightbox pop-up effect. In fact, sigplus preview images are wrapped in anchor elements (HTML tag a), for which the normal behavior is to navigate to the linked page (i.e. the original image). If the binding does not succeed, this normal behavior takes effect.

Thanks in advance.

hunyadi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by hunyadi » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:44 am

The symptom that the module works on one page but not on the other leads me to suspect some conflict with another extension that you have assigned to some position on the other page, which means that I think the part quoted from the FAQ may indeed have relevance -- do you see messages on the Error Console (CTRL + SHIFT + J in Firefox)? sigplus does not have any preference for pages (in fact, which page a sigplus module is displayed on is completely opaque to sigplus), or limit to the number of modules it can accommodate on a page. In addition, Joomla 1.7.0 has a nasty bug with directives {loadposition} and {loadmodule}, these might give you unexpected results if you use them multiple times on a single page.

cove2010
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cove2010 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:20 am

Hey all!

I have rather strange problem with my Joomla 3.0 and sigplus (latest version).

E.g. - http://qrepair.ru/work-examples/20-vannaja-i-tualet (gallery is at the bottom).

If you emulate IE 8.0 by IE 9.0 or just use pure IE 8.0 you see that preview section is shrinked from it's original size (haven't noticed such error in Opera, Safari, Chrome or even in IE 7).

Is there any ways to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

cove2010
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cove2010 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Holy crap, i found a way to fix a problem, but not pretty sure it's a good one.
joomlaroot/plugins/content/sigplus/css/sigplus.css

I commented flow layout section (last one) and all seems to be ok.

And the most funny thing in this situation for me - i am using fixed layout, not flow.

Hope that this post may help anybody with the same problems.

Return to “Plugins/Mambots”