Yootheme template and zoo blog compatibility problem

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! bots/Plugins here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
guyfromnola
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Yootheme template and zoo blog compatibility problem

Post by guyfromnola » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:46 pm

My subscription to YooTheme has expired and I am debating renewal or not. Until then, I have this dilemma with some site configuration.

Joomla 1.5.15
YooTheme 'Intro' template
YooTheme Zoo 2.0.0 with included Blog Application

My dilemma is that if I try to change the Joomla site homepage from the standard Joomla blog layout to the Zoo Frontpage layout, all modules disappear. I have done some spot testing and noticed that this problem is limited ONLY to the blog application since the 'product' application and other installed apps function as intended when using them as the homepage. The problem is that I need the blog to be the homepage, not the other apps.

I have not altered any code or tags that would render the error, but I'm wondering if this is something that someone else is experiencing or if it is local to my environment. I have tried unpublishing modules one by one and refreshing to see if there is a particular module causing the problem, but that doesn't seem to be it; especially since the modules continue to work as expected when it is another app running on the homepage instead of the blog.

Can anyone recommend a fix or some insight into this? I have been dragging this project out for far too long and my client is very eager to get their site fixed.

I can provide further details if necessary.

Thanks!

Drodbast
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Yootheme template and zoo blog compatibility problem

Post by Drodbast » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Any luck with this, I have the same problem, all modules disappear when I use the Zoo Blog. Please I need a solution.

Return to “Plugins/Mambots”