Random letter A appearing on my articles in Joomla 1.5.26

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
spree252
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Random letter A appearing on my articles in Joomla 1.5.26

Post by spree252 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:04 pm

I'm trying to create an article in Joomla 1.5.26. When I create and then hit "Save", it appears with random letters A in various places with a ^ on top. How do I get rid of this problem? Please help!!

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Random letter A appearing on my articles in Joomla 1.5.2

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm

Are you copying and pasting the article from some other source? Could be those letters are hidden in the code you copied and are being displayed in the article. Try pasting into a text editor first, like Notepad, to see if the letters show there. If you are pasting from Word use the Paste from Word button in Joomla's editor to strip the hidden Word code from what you copied.

spree252
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by spree252 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Yes, I'm copying and pasting from a similar article from the prior year. Just trying to update it for 2014. Thanks, I'll try that. Is Notepad just a PC thing. I have a Mac and am trying to help a friend solve this problem - she has a PC.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Your MAC should come with a basic text editor, I have never used a MAC so I don't know what it is called. After opening the text you should be able to do a search and replace for any A in the text, then save and paste into Joomla.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”