admin login down

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
seune
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

admin login down

Post by seune » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:04 pm

Hello,

My friend's joomla site suffered from PHP warnings. I offered to investigate.
I only received the administrator loging.
Because I read some posts on these warnings I decided to change the 'Error reporting' settings. (Joomla 1.5)
After changing this I get 'No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...'
on the complete website and also on the admin login page, so no way to correct my error.

Is there any way to login through a URL or do I need to gain physical/virtual access to the host machine?
regards,
Bart

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: admin login down

Post by sitesrus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:14 pm

Probably physically access so you can see if the configuration file is there and if it's not there you'll have to put one there with the correct settings for the install.

Maybe when it went to save it didn't have the proper permissions and something strange happened.
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: admin login down

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Yes could be file permissions, should be 644 or 444, or file ownership, all files should have the same ownership. Could be you edited the configuration.php file in something other than a plain text editor. Just use notepad to edit the file, some try to edit it in Dreamweaver and have issues. Make sure there is a configuration.php file in the root of your site.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”