editing code to an old webpage(Finished

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
quintenla
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

editing code to an old webpage(Finished

Post by quintenla » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:07 pm

I am trying to edit a header for a page im working on and am unable to locate the admin page for it and keep getting a 404 error no matter what i do and all i need is to change the contact information (set as an image) in the top right hand corner of the webpage. The HTML code lines to edit the site seem to be impossible to find in both in joomla which i am unable to access completely and in the hosting client.

ljk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: editing code to an old webpage(Finished

Post by ljk » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi,

The site must have some extension installed that is disallowing access to /administrator. You will need to get backend admin access in order to change the image in the Module Manager. If you can figure out what extension is installed to change the backend admin access there should be a way that you can disable it via ftp, usually just renaming the plugin's folder (not /plugins folder but the actual folder name of the plugin that is causing the redirect something like /plugins/system/xxx where xxx is the name of the plugin).

Your best option would be to get the backend access link.

That is about as much help as I can give you.
Laurelle
Keashly.ca Consulting
http://www.keashly.ca

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”