Add a <meta> tag to the <head> section of my web site

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
ddp1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Add a <meta> tag to the <head> section of my web site

Post by ddp1 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:46 am

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Joomla and currently on version 1.5.23 (looking to update it soon).

I have been asked to add a meta tag to the website home page so I checked online and found i need to browse to the "JOOMLA_ROOT/templates/TEMPLATE_NAME" directory and edit the index.php file however I'm not sure what template_name i'm using? Now on the admin side when I browse to the Template Manager I can see there are 6 templates (one has a star under default, two of them are ticked under assigned)

So how do i find out which template i'm using? it cant be two templates that are assigned as surely i would only be using the one template? any help is appreciated thanks.

lupoll86
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Add a <meta> tag to the <head> section of my web site

Post by lupoll86 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Each template has its own index.php

The one with the star is your main template.

And the assigned ones are not the primary ones but still show inside your website if they have been assigned to some menus.

So, if you are using all of them, you might need to change each index.php template.

What tags you want to display?

Joomla has already that capability withouth changing anything inside the index.php
My Web Design Services in Fort Worth Texas: https://cleansites.us
Mi Blog de Joomla en Español: https://gramerlab.com

ddp1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Add a <meta> tag to the <head> section of my web site

Post by ddp1 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Many thanks for your response.

I have been asked to do the following:-

1. Copy the following meta tag and paste it into your Web site's home page. It should go in the <head> section, before the first <body> section.

I assume this can be done via template manager?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”