Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
knutklo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in

Post by knutklo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:50 am

Got the following "error" line on the NEW joomla installation when clicking add new weblink from the User Menu

Code: Select all

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in \libraries\joomla\html\html\list.php on line 125
I can successfully add the link and everything is working but the "Notice" line are kind of destroying the look :laugh:

Can someone help me here PLEASE ;)

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in

Post by pvh123 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:33 am

Are you using the latest version/build of Joomla 1.5?
Note: Sending me private messages for personal support, without this been requested, would lead to ignoring any of your posts in future!

knutklo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by knutklo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:28 pm

My Joomla version say 1.5.0 in the up right corner in admin area, is this correct?

Br,
Knut

Geoff
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Geoff » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:33 pm

As of writing this post, latest version in 1.5.X series is 1.5.1.

Please run Joomla! Diagnostics for J! 1.5 to make sure that all of the J! core files were uploaded correctly.

To provide more detailed information about your issue, you can use the JTS-Post Assistant to help you.
Backup, backup, backup!
The "Master" .htacess file by Nicholas http://snipt.net/nikosdion/the-master-htaccess

knutklo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by knutklo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:05 pm

It seems like I have a HUGE problem if this list is correct from the diagnostics tool.
Please take a look at this page:
http://demo.klo.no/diag.php

Br,
Knut Klo

igeoffi wrote:As of writing this post, latest version in 1.5.X series is 1.5.1.

Please run Joomla! Diagnostics for J! 1.5 to make sure that all of the J! core files were uploaded correctly.

To provide more detailed information about your issue, you can use the JTS-Post Assistant to help you.

knutklo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by knutklo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:15 pm

Problem Description:
When accessing \"Add Web Links\" I get this error:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\\WEB\\demo.klo.no\\libraries\\joomla\\html\\html\\list.php on line 125

When installing Mass Content everything looks OK but when accessing the \"Create Mass Content page I get this error messages

Lots of errors when trying to use the diagnostic tool:

Log/Error Message:
[quote]Notice: Undefined variable: store in E:\\WEB\\demo.klo.no\\administrator\\components\\com_masscontent\\admin.masscontent.php on line 194[/quote]
[quote]Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in E:\\WEB\\demo.klo.no\\libraries\\joomla\\html\\html\\select.php on line 85[/quote]
[quote]Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in E:\\WEB\\demo.klo.no\\administrator\\components\\com_masscontent\\admin.masscontent.php on line 200[/quote]

Actions Taken To Resolve:
Reinstalled joomla without no luck and I can do that again.
there are ALOT of error lines in the Create Mass Content but I only could post three here.

Diagnostic Information
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.1 Production/Stable [ Seenu ] 8-February-2008 22:00 GMT
configuration.php: Writable (Mode: 666 ) | RG_EMULATION: N/A
Architecture/Platform: Windows NT 5.2 ( i586) | Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 ( demo.klo.no ) | PHP Version: 5.2.1
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Disabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Enabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5): No | iconv Support (1.5): Yes | save.session_path: Writable | Max.Execution Time: 30 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: 5.0.51a-community-nt ( localhost via TCP/IP )

Extended Information:
SEF: Disabled (without ReWrite) | FTP Layer: Disabled | htaccess: Not Implemented
PHP/suExec: User and Web Server accounts are not the same. (PHP/suExec probably not installed)
PHP Environment: API: isapi | MySQLi: Yes | Max. Memory: 128M | Max. Upload Size: 2M | Max. Post Size: 8M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Zend Version: 2.2.0
Disabled Functions:
MySQL Client: 5.0.22 ( latin1 )

Geoff
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Geoff » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:55 am

knutklo wrote:It seems like I have a HUGE problem if this list is correct from the diagnostics tool.
Please take a look at this page:

Br,
Knut Klo
Try overwriting the files again with the default J! package.
Backup, backup, backup!
The "Master" .htacess file by Nicholas http://snipt.net/nikosdion/the-master-htaccess

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:32 am

One thing I noticed from the splendid diagnostic tool, was in the "Read More" tags and that was this
defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );

That shows that you have loaded a non-Joomla 1.5 component or module or plugin.
In Joomla 1.5 that was changed to
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
So, two possibilities: Unload the component/module that is not 1.5 compatible or switch on the Legacy plugin.

Btw, are you installing in a clean directory without any left overs of an old Joomla before 1.5? I know it sounds ridiculous but I have to ask you this just to be sure.
Note: Sending me private messages for personal support, without this been requested, would lead to ignoring any of your posts in future!

knutklo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by knutklo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:39 pm

pvh123 wrote:One thing I noticed from the splendid diagnostic tool, was in the "Read More" tags and that was this
defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );

That shows that you have loaded a non-Joomla 1.5 component or module or plugin.
In Joomla 1.5 that was changed to
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
So, two possibilities: Unload the component/module that is not 1.5 compatible or switch on the Legacy plugin.

Btw, are you installing in a clean directory without any left overs of an old Joomla before 1.5? I know it sounds ridiculous but I have to ask you this just to be sure.
*** I have done a CLEAN install and I do NOT have any plugins installed, NOT even a gallery or the Mass Content plugin. But I have installed a template and that is the ONLY thing I have installed.
I must say that this runs on a Windows 2003 server with IIS (all windows updates) and PHP5.2.1 and MySQL.
I did NOT get the PHP5.2.5 to work.
I have installed the server,IIS,PHP and MySQL my self following the videototurials.
Maybe I must go back to JSAS to test sites befor publishing them to the LIVE site or are there any other good windows solutions?

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Personally I have good experience with using Apache on winxp rather than IIS. ButI must admit that this was when I started to get problems with using SEF.
I have no experience using Joomla on IIS on a win2003 server. But I presume that should not make any difference.
I have also done the diag test and this my result"
Problem Description:
This is my diag output. This is the situation without problems. I am using the Legacy switch and it shows no messages about _Valid_mos

Diagnostic Information
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Khepri ] 21-January-2008 23:55 GMT
configuration.php: Not Writable (Mode: 444 ) | RG_EMULATION: N/A
Architecture/Platform: Windows NT 5.1 ( i586) | Web Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) PHP/5.2.1 ( happyhome ) | PHP Version: 5.2.1
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Disabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Disabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5): Yes | iconv Support (1.5): Yes | save.session_path: Not Writable[color] | Max.Execution Time: 60 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: 5.0.45-community-nt ( localhost via TCP/IP )

This video http://www.videotutorialzone.com/conten ... -iis6.html gives a installation info installing J! 1.5 on w2003 server.

knutklo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by knutklo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:20 am

This is one of the toturials I have used.
I have also used these toturials:
http://www.videotutorialzone.com/web-te ... -iis6.html
http://www.videotutorialzone.com/web-te ... -2003.html
Everything seems to be working but I get these errors ao I guess I need to go back to the JSAS solution if this really are the Server 2003 problem.

Thanks for all help!

PS. Are there other good solutions beside JSAS?

Br,
Knut Klo

Hackwar
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Hackwar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:44 am

knutklo, please overwrite the files mentioned in the report with files from the clean package from joomla.org again.
god doesn't play dice with the universe. not after that drunken night with the devil where he lost classical mechanics in a game of craps.

Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

knutklo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by knutklo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:58 am

I am sorry but I did that, but the errors stayed the same!
I think it is something with the Server, I don't know

Thanx!

Br,
Knut Klo

Hackwar wrote:knutklo, please overwrite the files mentioned in the report with files from the clean package from joomla.org again.

zeekcavazos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by zeekcavazos » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:10 pm

I had the same problem, so this is what I did:

If you have access to your php.ini file (php config file) then change line (anywhere between 277 to 315) from:

display_errors = On

to

display_errors = Off

If your hosting does not allow you to access php.ini file then you'll need to get in touch with your host provider and asked how you can override the php configuration to turn off error reporting on your site since each hosting provider may have different ways of setting up their servers.

Thanks,

Zeek :D

jhx2005
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jhx2005 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Hello everyone,

the error message that I get, goes into same area as your errors:
Notice: Undefined property: joomlaVersion::$URL in /../includes/footer.php on line 26

I don't know yet what causes it, but I know when it happens. When logged in, it shows the error message. When not logged in, everything is fine. So the next step in my case is checking out the login module.

Remark: have found a way around. Apparently, when logging in, something goes wrong with showing the version of Joomla and its URL. As I don't need the url showing, deleting that part in footer.php does the trick.

vdst
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by vdst » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Similar issue.

I am coding a component that runs smoothly (thus far ) on a server running php 5.2.6
on the server that I need to have the component working eventually it is php5.1.x and the are many
"Trying to get property of non-object in...." warnings.

Not too pretty at the moment.

Essentially it is caused when there is no data to display, however a preceeding

if($row->data)echo $row->data
in the output default.html didn't solve the issue?

Still searching for a solution to this.
Vdst.

vdst
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by vdst » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:42 pm

if(isset($value)) action code on value;
This seems to work for most scenarios. Mind you it can be problematic in certain scenarios (as in conditionals comparing two variables.)

Still seeking a solution. An inline isset() of sorts.

themc
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by themc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dunovaco/public_html/TheWorldsLargestRapContest.com/mambots/content/vmproductsnapshots.php on line 78

I have read for 3 days and still no luck.

1. I am running Joomla 1.0.15
2. I install the newest VirtueMart 1.1.4 stable plugins and all. Before I turn anything on I am getting this Notice all over my site.
3. I read something about removing 2 files, which is not in the mombads/content section.
4. I have seen so many post about this same thing and I can't believe no one has the right answer. I some can help, I will help others who are have this same problem.

If you see the "NOTICE: Trying to get property of non-object......" on my site, www.TheWorldsLargestRapContest.com The problem is not fix. Please help. :pop

Hackwar
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Hackwar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:45 am

Joomla 1.0.x is not supported anymore. Please upgrade to Joomla 1.5
god doesn't play dice with the universe. not after that drunken night with the devil where he lost classical mechanics in a game of craps.

Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

mescalitor6
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mescalitor6 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:38 pm

error: create category of forum or create forum

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in D:\XVRT\pruebajoomla.es\Html\libraries\joomla\html\html\list.php on line 125

Solution:
in file \libraries\joomla\html\html\list.php modify the code, create the function

function specificordering2( &$row, $id, $query, $neworder = 0 )
{
$db =& JFactory::getDBO();

if ( $id ) {
$order = JHTML::_('list.genericordering', $query );
$ordering = JHTML::_('select.genericlist', $order, 'ordering', 'class="inputbox" size="1"', 'value', 'text', intval( $row->ordering ) );
} else {
if ( $neworder ) {
$text = JText::_( 'descNewItemsFirst' );
} else {
$text = JText::_( 'descNewItemsLast' );
}
//if there is no property "ordering", this is not loaded
if(property_exists('row', 'ordering'))
{
$ordering = '<input type="hidden" name="ordering" value="'. $row->ordering .'" />'. $text;
}
else
{
$ordering = '<input type="hidden" name="ordering" value="'. $row .'" />'. $text;
}
}
return $ordering;
}

and modify the files:
/administrator/components/com_ccboard/views/editforum/view.html.php
in line 96
return JHTML::_('list.specificordering', $item, @$item->id, $model->getOrderQuery(), @$item->id == 0);
change to
return JHTML::_('list.specificordering2', $item, @$item->id, $model->getOrderQuery(), @$item->id == 0);

/administrator/components/com_ccboard/views/editcat/view.html.php
in line 62
return JHTML::_('list.specificordering', $item, @$item->id, $model->getOrderQuery(), @$item->id == 0);
change to
return JHTML::_('list.specificordering2', $item, @$item->id, $model->getOrderQuery(), @$item->id == 0);

sopedro
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sopedro » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi,

Simple, go to your php.ini file under apache dir and change de value display_errors from On to Off. ;)

The Knowledge belongs the world

Return to “Administration 1.5”