Hello, I could really use some help...

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Flamescale
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Hello, I could really use some help...

Post by Flamescale » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:46 pm

My Site: http://www.techpeel.net

Okay I've been working on this site for some time now. I am nearing completion but I cant figure out a few issues.

I disabled the login form on my site because i cant get a bridge working between phpbb3 and Joomla!1.5, i tried rokbridge and i tried jfusion. Regardless, because people aren't going to be logging into my main site, it causes two issues which i believe are linked to this... Number one is that when you are not logged in, you can often see a pink error message window on my site that says "E_LOGIN_AUTHENTICATE". I am completely unsure what this error message is about. The second issue is for whatever reason somewhere in my development of this site, i switched something that wont allow you to see the actual page text (in the middle on this theme, it should display under the word "Home", and its not the permission on that article or the front page settings. Since people cant login.. thats a serious issue.

Any help is seriously appreciated, i Have put time and money into this site and don't mind at all to put more in.. i just want to get it right.

Im using Rhuk's rockettheme theme "replicant" if it matters.

Geoff
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Hello, I could really use some help...

Post by Geoff » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Backup, backup, backup!
The "Master" .htacess file by Nicholas http://snipt.net/nikosdion/the-master-htaccess

Flamescale
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Flamescale » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Right but im not using the bridge anymore....this is a different install

Flamescale
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Flamescale » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:07 pm

Okay so that was a Cookie issue.. got that one on the radar.. however..people not being able to see my articles in the middle of the page.. thats a more important mess.. any ideas?

Flamescale
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Flamescale » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:47 pm

Let me re clarify.. When a user is logged in, they can see the frontpage (meaning the article int he middle of the page specified using the home settings) but guests can not see it. Everything involved is set to public access. Since my users will only log into the forums and not the front site.. this is a serious issue. Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong at all? I will PAY for help...

http://www.techpeel.net

Flamescale
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Flamescale » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:54 pm

NM i fixed it

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”