new to joomla

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
zula
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

new to joomla

Post by zula » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:14 pm

well, i had no issues installing, but i thought it would be good to install sample data as well. then i went and deleted everything, thinking that i knew what i was doing and thats where i am at, all i get is blank page at this url http://www.phxip.com . is there any way to return to previous data so i can try this again or do i need to do reinstall?

second question is, is forum an extension of part of the joomla original installation?

d_spice
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: new to joomla

Post by d_spice » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:30 pm

I would say the easiest way would be to do a clean reinstall and choose the option to add content, doesn't look like you have altered too much yet except maybe the text in the footer.

Geoff
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: new to joomla

Post by Geoff » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Welcome to the Joomla! Forum!

If you are new to Joomla!, the Absolute Beginners Guide to Joomla! is a great resource to get you started. Many of the questions you may have are probably answered in our Joomla! FAQ.

I believe a reinstall would be quickest and easiest for you.
This forum is just skinned to look like the rest of the site. The Joomla! Community Forum is standalone and is in no way bridged or connected to Joomla!.
There are ways to have a forum within Joomla!, one would be to use the Fireboard (extension). Another way would be to use a bridge such as rokBridge (for phpBB) or JFusion (for a bunch of different forum scripts) and bridge the forum with Joomla!.
Backup, backup, backup!
The "Master" .htacess file by Nicholas http://snipt.net/nikosdion/the-master-htaccess

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”