Joomla Google results

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
D0gSoldi3r
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Joomla Google results

Post by D0gSoldi3r » Fri May 09, 2008 9:17 am

Yeah hey guys i'm new to Joomla been using it for a month and it's great but i've had little to no problems with this so far up to the point where my Google results don't display correctly typical, Anyway i type in a search to my website using Google and i get Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License which i don't believe should be correct cause i've changed my meta tags to say different. I've tried to change the footer in Includes/footer.php but that didn't work so how do i change these results to something that relates to my website.

Just try my website www.FunnyStash.com on google and you'll see what i mean, i'm wanting to change the description ;)

askelip
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Joomla Google results

Post by askelip » Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

It takes a few days for the Google results to change after you make a change in descriptions or page titles. It's not immediate.

I recommend installing SEF Patch for Joomla 1.5, if you want to manage all those Google descriptions.
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”