Display Article frontpage?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
DarkDesign
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Display Article frontpage?

Post by DarkDesign » Fri May 09, 2008 2:23 am

Looking for a module/component what will allow me to show articles from a Category/Section.
And now i don't want to use the "display on frontpage" option.
But i haven't been able to find one yet or i ain't looking for it at the right place
Please point me in the right direction.

dextercowley
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Display Article frontpage?

Post by dextercowley » Fri May 09, 2008 4:30 am

Hi. It sounds like you just want a Section or Category layout. The best way to understand these is to do the Quickstart Guide and then install the Sample website. This will give you a good understanding of these layouts. There are two basic options: blog or list. The blog shows full or partial articles, while the list just shows titles. The blog layouts look like the front page, except the automatically show articles for a section or a category. Hope this helps. Mark
Mark Dexter
"Well...how did I get here?"

askelip
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Display Article frontpage?

Post by askelip » Fri May 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Just adding a quick advice:

In other to see items in a certain sec/cat, you need to create a menu item that points to them. So, go to a specific menu of your choice, like Mainmenu, click "New", in the list click "Section" or "Category", choose either list or blog layout, give this menu item a name and alias and click OK (there are a lot of parameters here that you can change later.) Now in your website, this menu item should appear, and clicking it will take you to that specific sec/cat.

Best.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”