PayPal button doesn't work inside article - works on its own

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
PianoWorld2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: PayPal button doesn't work inside article - works on its

Post by PianoWorld2 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:09 pm

The suggestion from oatmeal worked for me when nothing else seemed to be working.
And thanks to the detailed instructions it was easy to impliment even for someone completely new to Joomla like me.

Thanks oatmeal.

PhilOSparta
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by PhilOSparta » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Joomla 1.7.3. I've followed this thread and a number of others to no avail. i.e. Created a Paypal custom module with postion "paypal-button". Used {loadpostion paypal-button} within the content article, and I also had a {emailcloak=off} ahead of the loadpostion. Text filtering for me, super-admin, was off.
All advice indicated that the emailcloak=off should be placed within the article where the button was placed.
Nothing worked, but I found a somewhat veiled hint in an old thread. "Place the {emailcloak=off} in front of the email address that you don't want cloaked". Strange that no mention was made of "within the content/article".

My Fix: I placed the {emailcloak=off} statement within the Paypal custom module that I had created. It's placed just ahead of the <form> statement.

Code: Select all

<p>{emailcloak=off}</p>
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick" /> 
On further testing I found that the {emailcloak=off} must be placed in both the module and within the article ahead of the {loadposition paypal-button}. Removal of either one activated the problem.

That did the trick.

If you got this far without a fix, I hope this helped you.

Regards,

Phil

uclabruin1996
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by uclabruin1996 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:08 pm

THX Oatmeal. your fix totally worked. tried messing around with different editors and never could get to work. i spent several hours trying to fix it. and finally, your fix worked.

Hi folks,

I used the module method to get this working.

I attempted to put the PayPal button code straight into the article and tried the many fixes throughout this thread but to no avail. I had a lot of frustration as I was working on an older version of Joomla (1.5.1.4) and the customer did not want to do the upgrades at the moment, so some of the options that people were suggesting appeared to be not present in this version. On top of that I only have "Administrator" access and not "Super Administrator" access. This is fine, but I am beginning to think that many of the solutions provided in this thread require the "Super Administrator" access in order to change options like HTML filtering.

So to use the module method (Joomla 1.5.1.4) do the following:

Go to "Extensions" > "Module Manager">

Select "New" to create a new module

Select "Custom HTML"

Use the following options (screenshot attached):
Name it something like "PayPal Button"
Show Title = No
Enabled = Yes
Position = paypal (just type this in)
Under "Menu Assignment" choose "Select Menu Item(s) from the List" and click on the page your button will be on
Under "Custom Output", paste in your PayPal button code.

Save this page and exit.

Go to "Content" > "Article Manager" and click the page you want the paypal button on.

In HTML or code view, paste the following where you would like your button to show up:
Code:
{loadposition paypal}

shamush9
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by shamush9 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:59 pm

I tried some of the other suggestions in this thread so I just went for something simple.

Here is one solution that may work for anyone using joomla 1.5.22

Change the super admins editor to 'No editor'

then just paste the code into your article.

This may work on other versions of joomla but I have not tested it.

Hope this proves useful to some of you.

Have a great day.

markbc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by markbc » Tue May 01, 2012 4:09 am

Module method was a great solution! I had the email cloaking off but this did the trick. Thanks heaps, uclabruin1996.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”