How do i get rid of this?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Shortguy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How do i get rid of this?

Post by Shortguy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:10 pm

I have this at the bottom of my website... Anyone know how i can get rid of this

PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\www_root\jordanlulich.com\templates\seaofglass\s5_no_moo_menu.php on line 36 PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\www_root\jordanlulich.com\templates\seaofglass\s5_no_moo_menu.php on line 36 PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\www_root\jordanlulich.com\templates\seaofglass\s5_no_moo_menu.php on line 36 PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\www_root\jordanlulich.com\templates\seaofglass\s5_no_moo_menu.php on line 36 PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\www_root\jordanlulich.com\templates\seaofglass\s5_no_moo_menu.php on line 36 PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\www_root\jordanlulich.com\templates\seaofglass\s5_no_moo_menu.php on line 36

janie70
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: How do i get rid of this?

Post by janie70 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:45 pm

i had something similar to that before and my host (hostmonster) figured it out for me...
http://www.computerbackpackandbag.com - Computer Backpack, Comfortably At Your Side.

simplyhuman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by simplyhuman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 am

Hi Shortguy,

Were you able to figure out the resolution of this issue?

If not, can anyone else please help me out here with this other than saying your hosting service figured it out?? :(

riyazahmd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by riyazahmd » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:54 am

can anybody help to sort out it?

i tried to find the solution by googling it and found nothing other than a lot of joomla websites with similar errors! it is the high time for joomal experts to pay attention on this issue.

moooh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by moooh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:28 am

The problem seems to reside in a third-party template called Sea of Glass. You are more likely to find an answer by contacting the authors of that template (contact info is usually distributed along with the template).

If everything is working fine and you just want to get rid of that warning message, then lower the level of error reporting (either in the PHP configuration if you have server access, or from the global configuration in the Joomla! administrator backend if you don't)

riyazahmd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by riyazahmd » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:01 am

I changed the error reporting to 'None' in 'Administrator'-> 'Global Configuration'. But still there is the error.

I am using the 'Mediplate - Shape 5 May Club 2009' Template with menu type: 'S5 Drop In No-Moo Menu'

error: Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in d:\websites\riyazahmd\symphonytv.com\wwwroot\new\templates\mediaplate\s5_no_moo_menu.php on line 34

Obviously, there is no error when i choose the menu type as 'None'.

The PHP version is 5.1.2
Last edited by riyazahmd on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

moooh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by moooh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 am

Looks like the server settings are overriding the administrator settings then. In that case you can try contact your hosting provider and ask them to turn down the error reporting level for you.

It seems the mediaplate template is based on the same kind of menu as the Sea of Glass template is using. You might want to find the authors for the S5 Drop In Menu in that case as that seems to be the thing they have in common.

pastvne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pastvne » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:49 am

I had a similar issue with index errors in the same script but on different lines in the script. Your issue may be similar. I came up with this hack to the php script. I turned the hack over the Shape 5 (the authors of the script) for possible inclusion in a future version. Make sure to keep a backup of the original if you try this:

I've run into some errors using mediaplate template with Joomla 1.5.17 and PHP 5.2. Php complains of a missing index on line 250 and line 499 of this script:

I made these changes and the issue has gone away but not sure if I have opened myself to other problems:

Around line 250:
Code:

/* s7bd original code:$mitem->link = JRoute::_($mitem->alias);*/
$mitem->link = JRoute::_('$mitem->alias');

Around line 499:
Code:

/***origjnal code** if (isset($parentid) && $parentid >= 0 && $subrows[$parentid]) {*/
if (isset($parentid) && $parentid >= 0) {

lespointscom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lespointscom » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:52 pm

The problem can also come from the fact that your server has changed php version from 5.3 to 5.4. Because in previous versions of php, $_ENV[REQUEST_URI] used to exist, however, in php 5.4, you have to use $_SERVER[REQUEST_URI].
This problem might help people nowadays since more and more webshosts are upgrading to 5.4

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”