Can I include Joomla modules in a non-Joomla site?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
infocom
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Can I include Joomla modules in a non-Joomla site?

Post by infocom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:36 pm

I have Zencart in a sub-directory of the main Joomla site, a common setup. But I want maintain the same header, menu and footer as Joomla on the Zencart site. The menu is most important. In the past I have re-built it all to be the same which can be time consuming.

So I wondered in my Zencart template I can include some code to show the output of the Joomla modules, without reading the database direct. I wonder if I can include a class file, call a function referencing the module position and hey presto! I hedge my bets I can but not sure where to start.

Thanks

infocom
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Can I include Joomla modules in a non-Joomla site?

Post by infocom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:15 pm

I have figured out one way to do it, which is great, but would prefer to call the module using Joomla functions direct...

1) I created a new Template that shows only the module content, nothing else, not even any <HTML><BODY>, stylesheets or anything, just the module and any other code I want displayed.
2) Then I created a menu item to the home page (its a hidden menu).
3) I then assigned this new template to that menu item - so if you go the menu link only the module will be displayed
4) Using CURL I retreived this URL content and displayed it on my non-Joomla site!

So with this method you could show any content and or module from your site on another site.

I would prefer a better way than CURL, such as getting the module code direct using Joomla functions on my second site, but this seems to work in the meantime.

jessemullinax
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jessemullinax » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:25 pm

I tried to follow the answer as i have the same issue but i was unable to figure it out. I need help with how to get the form inside my template here quote.hottap.com/uniform.php Here is the sample form i have build with uniform, quote.hottap.com/free-quotes/2-hottap-li...nd-bypass-quote-form
I am hoping there is an easy way to get the this form to appear in my template?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Create a menu item of type wrapper.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”