I have been playing with the component that dhuelsmann suggested, "camelcitycontent", and have modified it quite abit.
I have added the ability to sort the data by columns (ASC or DESC). Plus a few other minor changes. I have sent my version to Noel Hunter for his viewing/assesment. Here's a snippet of that email:
"Here are the changes I’ve made and features I’ve added (this is all on the frontend, haven’t touched the backend):
1. Restructured the table to display the “edit, delete, mark” in a more logical fashion (I know our users ;0) ).
2. Show actual user name rather than alias as alias could be anything.
3. Changed the submission for marked items (basically exchanged the select for a hidden input).
4. Tightened user access. So:
a. An author only see’s their own articles and can delete them.
b. An editor can see all, can edit all but can only delete their own articles.
c. A publisher can see all, edit all and delete all articles.
5. Added css for easier template integration (those technically aware will be able to modify the css to their hearts content. Otherwise, will still just take the default site style).
6. Added some images. Users like pictures lol.
7. And the main reason for my changes – Sort columns ASC or DESC."
If Noel doesn't like the changes and chooses not to post an updated version I'll see if I can add a link to it.
Watch this space!