main menu not showing up when opening blog articles

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
vlozity
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

main menu not showing up when opening blog articles

Post by vlozity » Sun May 31, 2009 8:34 am

got this huge problem with the main menu not showing up when you open a blog article. everything seems to work fine except for this part of the site, is this a joomla 1.5 bug?

tia!

skimberley
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: main menu not showing up when opening blog articles

Post by skimberley » Sun May 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Is the main menu module menu assignment allocated to all menu items?

vlozity
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: main menu not showing up when opening blog articles

Post by vlozity » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:15 am

yes, the main menu module is assigned to all menu items. i'm not sure how to bind the module to blog articles themselves. here is a link, you can try clicking on the nyheder (Danish) articles to see whats happening ...

http://cradlemedia.com/projx/dcn/index. ... &Itemid=68

the thing to note is i have 3 menus, one for the public (main menu) and 2 other menus for private accounts. these private accounts share the same blog articles and are configured for public use. if i configure the private account menus to use "registered" the main menu link inherits the configuration and prompts visitors to enter a password to access it.

i dont think diplicating all the blog articles is the way to go and would just make triplicate management of these articles a chore.

thanks for any help you guys may extend!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”