Automatic archiving of articles

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
khosh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Automatic archiving of articles

Post by khosh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi,

I've just finished my first Joomla site and I'm happy with the result. Now on towards new challenges.

I made a website for our association, which hosts all kinds of cultural events. The events are loaded through a php-script, which searches through the event folder. All events are in separate files and named by the date the event occurs. When the date passes, the events is no longer displayed on the EVENTS page but on the ARCHIVE page.

As I understand it an article is not archived when it passes the Finish publishing -date. Is it somehow possible to do this with Joomla, without creating a new extension? It would be easy to create the events as separate articles, have them arranged by date and when the date expires all past events would be shown under an archive. It is too tiresome to archive events manually and it would keep the site more "alive" it they'd archive themselves as soon as they are over.

Any good solutions on how to achieve this as automagically as possible?
"Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Automatic archiving of articles

Post by imanickam » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Try extension such as AutoArchive2 - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... chive/9061
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

khosh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Automatic archiving of articles

Post by khosh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Absolutely fantastic! I'll try it at once. Thanks a bunch! :)
"Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”