Which extension/plugin might be right for me?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
g0rdian
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Which extension/plugin might be right for me?

Post by g0rdian » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:42 am

I'm looking to create an ecommerce store and was hoping you guys could recommend a Joomla extension, template, or plugin that would get me close to my needs.

I will sell customizable scents. The main page will allow the user to choose between creating custom aromatherapy oil, body cream, or scented reeds. Once they choose the item to customize, they will see a graphical listing of the possible scents they can use and will be able to choose up to four. Clicking on any of the graphics (e.g., coconut) will take them to a page that describes the scent and its remedial uses. On that page they then have the option to add the scent to their customizable product.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

jmuehleisen
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Which extension/plugin might be right for me?

Post by jmuehleisen » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:46 pm

You've asked a very interesting question, and you have a unique idea.

I know most of the Joomla e-commerce extensions, and I can't think of any one of them that would be flexible enough to do what you want, at least not "out of the box."

I think you may be looking at needing a custom designed extension.

You might try posting your idea here to see if there are any developers who would be interested: http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=177
John Muehleisen
Visit my "Getting Started with Joomla" site, now with videos, tips, and new user tutorials:  http://welcometojoomla.com

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”