I need help!!

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
jquinn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I need help!!

Post by jquinn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:09 am

Ok here is the situation. I'm wanting to build my own website. The website will compare prices from several vendors who are online. The customer will be able to compare prices and purchase directly from my website, since they will not know the name of the vendor until after they have made their purchase. It sounds simple in my head but I know it probably isnt. Can anyone help me out. I've been doing a lot of research, and one site said I need a price comparison script. Can I use Joomla to design this or do I have to do something else to get this to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: I need help!!

Post by ranwilli » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Do a diligent search of the extensions area... with nearly 6,000 SANCTIONED extensions and perhaps half again that many more that aren't, no one can know what everything that's out there.

If you don't find an extension to test, post your needs in the Professional Services Forum and work with a Pro to get a quote.

BTW, there's VERY little point in making a post with "I need help!" as the subject... most people won't even read it.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

jquinn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jquinn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Thanks I appreciate it!!

Siege21
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Siege21 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:55 pm

What that guy said.

Though I'd like to add that this will most probably require a custom extension to be built. I'm not aware of anything that will do this "out of the box" for Joomla.

Good luck.
"Buy land! They've stopped making it" - Mark Twain

http://www.antonydoyle.co.uk

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”