Where do I find my RSS feed link?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
teapotbag
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Where do I find my RSS feed link?

Post by teapotbag » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 am

This may be a stupid question. But I need to give Feedburner a link to my RSS feed and I have no idea where it is in Joomla 1.5.22. I've googled it and all sites talk about some Components > Syndicate link but I have nothing of the sort in my admin panel. HELP!! This is pretty urgent.
Last edited by teapotbag on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Where do I find my RSS feed link?

Post by imanickam » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:53 am

You have to create the module of the type Syndicate and publish the module to the page where you want to create the Syndicated Feed.

The Smart Syndication Module that creates a Syndicated Feed for the page where the Module is displayed.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

teapotbag
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by teapotbag » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 am

Ok, I did that now. And the module is not visible on the page where I published it, I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be. How do I get the link to enter into feedburner?

teapotbag
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by teapotbag » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:13 am

Ooh! Nevermind, god it! Had to make the page menu item "show feed link" in parameters > advanced. Now it works! :D

I just hope that link doesn't have to sit there on the page, I copied it, feedburner accepted it, and I turned the "show feed link" option off again. That won't hurt, right?

mkonc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mkonc » Tue May 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi. Same problem here. I did the same but still cannot find the rss link. Any idea? I need rss link for following link: www.smrekovit.si.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”