SOS!! Joomla website help needed!!

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
htfdfire911
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

SOS!! Joomla website help needed!!

Post by htfdfire911 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey Folks,

I am kinda in a bind here...a few months back I searched the web for a local designer to create a website for my Bass Fishing Club http://www.tvba.org I thought I was getting a stable designer with a decient history of jobs that I looked at however...I was wrong!!

Basically it was two college kids looking to create a company who did actually design a few things but....when they got done with school they told me they had to get jobs and didnt have time to continue on with my site and its developement.

I asked repeatedly before hiring them if they were going to be available after the site was finished to work the site and add onto it and they said yes yes yes!!

Then one day I am told they are done...and thats it...

As I have began to navigate the site and utilize its features of which I was basically left to figure out how to do that on my own I am seeing things that arent working!! And I cant find other features that I paid to have developed and implimented on the site so I cant even begin to know if they are there let alone work!!

The purpose for this site was to pass along information about a bass fishing club I belong to...and create a forum to communicate with each other!! Can anyone help me or point me in a direction where to get tsome help!!! Our fishing season starts in 2 weeks and I basically have nothing I need on the site for when that happens!!!!

jmnielsen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: SOS!! Joomla website help needed!!

Post by jmnielsen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Hello sir,

If I understand you correctly you need a new content developer/designer for your site, is that correct? If so you may be in luck because I used to work for http://www.nighthawkpublications.com for John Phillips and he provides lots of content for outdoors and sports websites, including Strike King, and he had someone working for him that now owns his own webhosting & designing business (who also has experience with Fishing/Outdoors websites) named Bob Robertson. I would recommend checking out Bob Robertson's website: http://www.robertsonconsultants.com. You can view his portfolio and testimonials (read especially the Night Hawk Testimonial) for previous websites he has worked on, and you can send him a message on the "Contact Us" link. I'm sure he would be willing to help you. Both Bob Robertson and John Phillips are located in Alabama but they have experience providing content for people in other states.

I am hosting my personal website (unrelated to fishing/outdoors however) through Robertson Consultants (which resells hosting for Go Daddy) and I have been satisfied. I've never utilized his designing services (since I designed my own website) but he was nice enough to offer me some advice for Joomla design when I first bought hosting through him. I can also testify though that RobertsonConsultants is a professional and convenient hosting & developing business.

I hope this has been a useful suggestion. If not.... well, I tried. :-)

Best regards,

Josh
Last edited by jmnielsen on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarrells
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by sarrells » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:35 pm

The Joomla Forums are a good place to get tips and helpful advice, although it's against the rules to solicit work. With that being said, it looks like your site is functional. What's not working?

It looks like you have Kunena as your forum. I've had pretty good luck with it in the past.
Scott Sarrells
Be sure to visit me on the web at http://sarrells.com!

jmnielsen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jmnielsen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:37 pm

sarrells wrote:The Joomla Forums are a good place to get tips and helpful advice, although it's against the rules to solicit work. With that being said, it looks like your site is functional. What's not working?

It looks like you have Kunena as your forum. I've had pretty good luck with it in the past.
I didn't mean to assist in breaking any rules, sorry mate. Just trying to be helpful. Is there another section of this forum where questions about personal work could go or should be posted in another forum? It's not exactly my problem, but I'm just curious.

P.S. I will send the openning poster a PM if it is more appropriate.

Thanks.

sarrells
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by sarrells » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:58 pm

My post wasn't directed at anything you said. In fact, I was still typing my response when you made your post...so I never saw it until after I finished.

I'm not a guru on the rules, and I'm sure your post is just fine, especially since your not recommending yourself. A good place to find someone to hire might be http://resources.joomla.org.

I just mentioned it to ensure htfdfire911 would know where the line is drawn. Some forum users get upset because they do contract work and feel cheated when someone solicits business the wrong way. Personally, it doesn't bother me...but I know of others that will get their panties in a wad.
Scott Sarrells
Be sure to visit me on the web at http://sarrells.com!

htfdfire911
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by htfdfire911 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:15 pm

I cant respond to anyone until I get at least 5 posts...lol kinda stupid I think but jmnielsen I thank you for your advice and would like to talk with you more....can you e-mail me [email protected]

Or anyone else that might have some suggestions....

Thanks

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”