Please HELP! Only Joomla Guru's

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
thedmob
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Please HELP! Only Joomla Guru's

Post by thedmob » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:32 am

This is what i want:

There will be a homepage giving information and a few specials. Each individual business will have a page within the website to give some information about the business and their shipping and return policies. I would like to have the entire product catalog searchable by business, price, category, and keyword. When the search results come back I would like them to be a list of products with a small picture and short description for each. The most important part of the website is the business log in feature. Once I (the admin) sets up the basics of the businesses account they should be able to log in and upload their own information, products, and pictures for the products. Each product should be able to have price, short description, long description, picture, weight, shipping cost, and some sort of system for calculating combined shipping from the same busines

dylanjh
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Please HELP! Only Joomla Guru's

Post by dylanjh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

You're going to need a community solution (JomSocial) and a shopping cart extension. Redshop. You will probably still need to do some customisation to get exactly what you want
EmailAsUsername - Remove Usernames Joomla! Virtuemart And JomSocial registration http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk Many other extensions supported.

thedmob
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thedmob » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 am

Thank you for your reply.

How about deals plaza from from Template Plaza? do you think it work that way?

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Deals plaza is a template only! You need allot more to accomplish what you have asked. Have a look at a store extension first then some form of community extension as dylanjh suggested. Some other community extensions are community builder,SOBI or even K2 all have the ability to add fields to a database and that is what you will start to need. All are availabe in the JED http://resources.joomla.org/

thedmob
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thedmob » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Have you read this:

"Each individual business will have a page within the website to give some information about the business and their shipping and return policies. "

Do you think K2 has an ability to do that?

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes I read that. Have you read this? http://simon.getk2.org/tips-and-tricks/ ... ation-note

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”