please help with PDF to JPG

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
ja2332
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

please help with PDF to JPG

Post by ja2332 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 pm

I need to find a way to convert PDF files to JPG files automatically within the Joomla software. There are numerous applications one can download from the internet which have an interface where you type in the pdf file and click a button and it will convert it to a jpg file. I however do not want to do it that way. I am trying to find a way to implement my own interface into a Joomla designed screen of my own. Is it possible? What I am want to do is display numerous pdf file images on a single webpage but there is no way to shrink them or make the file size smaller unless it is a jpeg file. I will be asking my website users to upload their pdf file, however I wish to display an icon of each file or small picture for someone to click on instead of just clicking on a file name path name. A pdf file takes up too much memory where it is not practical to have say 100 on a single page which is why I would like to convert them to jpeg where i could resize them and place the small icon pictuires of them for someone to click on instead of the file name patch. Is there a way to incorporate or design a pdf to jpg interface for my website users to stay in my website instead of asking them to go use a third party software which already has an interface. I would really like to do it totally autommatic where somehow in joomla it would be greatr if the program could aitomatically convert a just loaded pdf to a jpeg file. Hope this makes sense and please let me know if there is any way to do this?

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: please help with PDF to JPG

Post by beededea » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:24 am

I am sure it is possible but it will have to be a bespoke development and it will most likely cost an arm and a leg. In general, if the requirement already exists and is a popular one then it would most likely be done already... and you'd find it on the JED. It may be that the requirement is a bit obscure or a bit niche. Still, it is going to cost no more than it would for any other CMS. after the devlopment is done you can distribute the component and make some of your csh back possibly?
Yereverluvinunclebert
Steampunk widgets. Platforms of choice: Joomla 1.0/1.5, Joostina 1.2, OSCommerce
Site aims: Optimisation, Security and Solidity
http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/steamp ... k-calendar

Keaner
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Keaner » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 pm

ankitnagpal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ankitnagpal » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:14 pm

You can use an open source library http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/ or its UI http://pdf-to-jpg-convert.en.softonic.com

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”