IXXO Cart Reviews or experiences !

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
ac1980
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

IXXO Cart Reviews or experiences !

Post by ac1980 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi All,
For the past 6 months we have been chasing IXXO Cart for duplicate charges.
It amounts to several hundred euro! I have a lot of emails sayin it will be processed shortly and accountants will contact me or someone in the office isnt in until the end of the week and will contact you but rarely do! The point is they have admitted to the over payments and agreed to repay but havent done so. Whenever I call I dont get an answer. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience or IXXO reviews that they can share. I want to get these overcharging by IXXO repaid to us but am struggling to see how to contact them directly. We will not send mea direct email and havent updated support tickets for weeks. Going aroundin circles.....

Tks
AC

johaswe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: IXXO Cart Reviews or experiences !

Post by johaswe » Thu May 03, 2012 11:37 am

I understand you completely - I have been doing work for IXXO for the last three months and sold licence to my client aswell

They took away my licence that i have earned and even blocked me from going into the website..

Aswell as i have now worked three months for free for them - That is not cool and not professional.

[CONTENT REMOVED DUE TO WALL-OF-SHAME WARNING BY AUTHOR]

Hope my experience taught you to handle IXXO cart with caution.
promise much and keeps.. well uhm.. nothing..

ac1980
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ac1980 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 pm

All I can say is avoid these people. They should be banned from Joomla. Not only terrible customer relations but over charging. We have so many emails and proof of them saying we were over charged and we would get a refund but after months and months of chasing them we have not receieved a penny. I wrote the post to start this topic of above also so we are clear.

ITs a shame to have to deal with companies like this who are full of help before you pay them and then you get nothing....

byronbay99
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by byronbay99 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:27 pm

There's a guy on Ebay desperately trying to offload his overpriced ixxo license. After reading the hell the poor sod went through with them, I wouldn't touch their shopping cart or the company with a bargepole. The ebay listing is hilarious and well worth a read. Just do an ebay search for ixxo.
If anyone is after a good Joomla cart I strongly recommend Hikashop or the new Virtuemart 2.0. Way better than Ixxo and a fraction of the price (if not free).

miamidesign
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by miamidesign » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:05 am

I normally do not leave reviews but changed my mind after reading the reviews above.
Among other shopping carts I am also using IXXO Cart for those clients who are willing to invest a little bit more money for their project. The software is great and their support is beyond my expectations.

Personally I have nothing to complain.

sakthi54086
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sakthi54086 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:26 am

I fully agree with the members johaswe,ac1980 and many other fellow joomla users.IXXO cart should be removed/warned from the joomla community to protect the interest of the millions of users.

Here i have found the genuine review of their services.
http://www.multivendorshoppingcarts.com/ixx-review/

JBartus Design
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by JBartus Design » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:53 am

I'm about to abandon IxxoCart but I thought I'd share my experiences here with you all. I set up one of my clients with their software due to an advertised feature they needed (which didn't work properly out of the box). I ended up comping my client over $1,500 in labor relating to this software abomination and am in the process of developing a new store for them using Magento.

First and foremost, it is important to shed some light on the fact that the vast majority of the ecommerce system sold by Ixxo is not their own development. IxxoCart is essentially selling a bridge to an outdated version of Pinnacle Cart. I sincerely believe that this is the source of the vast majority of unresolved issues users experience with IxxoCart, the simple fact of the matter is that their staff did not develop the software they're selling and so any issues with the core product take them an eternity to resolve, if, indeed, they are able to resolve them at all. My client challenged them about this and the representative he spoke to got visibly upset over the phone when my client accused them of forking Pinnacle Cart insisting they had purchased the software from Pinnacle Cart. I took the liberty of contacting Pinnacle Cart with an inquiry and while the representative I spoke to could not overtly make any statements for legal reasons, he did inform me that I was essentially correct when I led him with my suspicions. I don't know enough about international law to know what kind of legal obstacles might be involved but my gut suspicion is that whatever Ixxo is doing is not really approved of or condoned by Pinnacle Cart.

As for their support, my client contacted them back in July 2013 regarding an issue collecting payments via eCheck through Authorize.net. This was not resolved as of September 2013 when he informed them that this is the case. He got busy and didn't follow up again until December 2013. During the interim, three full months, Ixxo's staff did not respond further to his ticket despite it being labelled Critical in their supposedly self-made ticket system. He then called them and received some of the worst customer service I've ever heard of with the IxxoCart representative getting notably agitated with him for being upset and raising his voice, and the representative actually having the sheer gall to try to shift the blame to my client asking why he hadn't called sooner. After a bit of a rout with the representative the representative promised to have this looked into further the following Monday.

The following Monday my client received an invoice from IxxoCart demanding he pay a further $149.00 for another year of support. They actually have the gall to request more money after ignoring his ticket for over three months following their inability to develop a solution after two months (five months total!) which resulted in his support package expiring in early December. He's recently written them back requesting clarification as to whether they plan to resolve this situation or simply ignore him unless he pays the $149, but you can rest assured that they won't get another dime either way.

IxxoCart has demonstrated themselves to be exceedingly unprofessional throughout our entire dealings with them since becoming a paid customer. Their customer service personnel are unprofessional having apparently never heard of the concept of professional detachment getting visibly angry. Their hours are just plain mysterious. The be frank I honestly believe their "company" to be more of a side project for whoever is involved. I cannot positively confirm that I have even spoken to more than one individual, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if I were to find out that all of the various names I have dealt with for support are, in fact, just pseudonyms adopted by the same individual.

Regardless, to anyone who is considering using IxxoCart I would encourage you to seek out alternative options. What they're selling are effectively a series of plugins for Joomla for tying into a separate Pinnacle Cart installation. Your customization options are limited as they've encrypted all of the code, the bridge from Joomla to Pinnacle is sloppy without even carrying session or user data over between one and the other, it literally requires that you sign into Joomla's admin panel, then into the Pinnacle/Ixxo panel once you reach the component in the admin panel. Its a complete mess.

As an additional side note, I sincerely believe the above post by miamidesign is a sham having been posted by a staffer at Ixxo. There is simply no way someone who has developed multiple sites using their software has found their support exceeded expectations.

dankbeme
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dankbeme » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:03 pm

This "company" is to be avoided.

After installation of the hosted by IXXOCart MultiVendor solution I discovered that the cart could not fully support PayPal adaptive payments as advertised on their website. After waiting a week for a solution or quote I was told to add the feature I would have to pay $325 USD in programming which I did the same day. I was told the modification would take 16 days on September 5th, 2013. No modification was ever delivered and I have switched to another software.

By late December I was told the modification was ready but that I would have to pay a new license fee for a whole year. I was also told it is now included in the software that all users will receive. Nothing was mentioned about a refund of my development funds for the modification.

Customer "support"... They screamed at me that I was a liar and that I had sabotaged my own website. The next day I found the error in one of their settings I did not have the access to change. Yet they still blame me for some unexplained reason.

In each support ticket or call* their customer service seemed far more interested in finding out how lay blame instead of working on the solution. *I never called them for support nor requested they call me. They like to call for some reason, even when email would be far more helpful and efficient. Maybe they think this is good customer service? However, their phone demeanor is very rude and insulting. Odd.

That being said the programming is pretty good (7 out of 10) and the admin is fairly easy to use. However, packages priced a tiny fraction of this cost are far better.

THAT being said it is massively overpriced for the small feature base in the back end. The reporting and accounting is dismal and will not export reports! Only a [spam] .qif file will export. No [spam] Online syncing, No spreadsheets.

My takeaway is: My money was stolen, my sales suffered and I was insulted.

rampauull
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rampauull » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:32 am

Ya its good. I have read its reviews. I got some suggestion for Uni-eMerchant

Nandakumarrkk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Nandakumarrkk » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:51 am

When i went through other sites i found http://www.uniecommerce.com/products/uni-emerchant.html

rampauull
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rampauull » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:37 am

Hi Nanda,

I found something similar to yours, http://www.technoduce.com/triocommerce

geti
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by geti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:33 pm

When I came across this thread, I'd just bought a licence for the IXXO Cart Multivendor Standalone edition the day before and after reading it, I felt like I'd just made a massive mistake, imagining all sorts of horific scenarios after jumping ship from CS-Cart.

That was a few months ago and I'm pleased to say that my experience of the software and the support have been fantastic and, no, I don't work for them or know them personally.

Things haven't gone 100% smoothly and the majority of the time I've caused my own problems through not being as familiar with the way it works as I am with Joomla, but the fact is the supoort staff have gone the extra mile and helped me out no end, I've even had help from them at 1:00 am in the morning, gone to bed and woke up with problems solved so, all in all, in my experience, I can recommend the software and the staff and I'm looking forward to seeing it grow and improve.

I don't know the exact details of other members complaints from this thread as we haven't heard IXXO's side of the story and probably never will, but in my opinion (for what it's worth! :-) they don't appear to be the company depicted and the standalone software is 100% good value for money.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”