Image Embed into Articles

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
onedan1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Image Embed into Articles

Post by onedan1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Hello Folks,

Initially i used to embed pictures into articles by clicking the 'Insert Image' icon and typing the image url.

But i found out i could just drag and drop the images from the desktop into the article editing box. It works too in FF and Chrome, (have small display problems in IE).
Additionally when i right click on the picture and select "copy image link location' it displays an unfamiliar url as compared to my earlier method of embedding.

So the question is will my current/latter way of embedding cause problems for me later or am i doing the right thing.

Please i would like to know its what i have decided to use for developing my websites from now on.

Thanks.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Image Embed into Articles

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Yes, they point to your local disk. The images will only be viewable from your PC.

Get the JCE Editor. It has a much better image browser where you can upload directly when writing articles.

pwhjenny
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Image Embed into Articles

Post by pwhjenny » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:06 am

Hello,

You will get more details about your question using below link :-

http://docs.joomla.org/Adding_an_image_to_an_article

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”